Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Support the overall LAF strategy providing value-added input to LAF seniors
- Analyse opportunities to ensure that transactions are in alignment with the strategy
- Assist LAF seniors in opportunity identification, origination and execution of all LAF transactions.
- Assist in up-tiering SCB's market presence in the region
- Prepare and present of information memoranda and BCAs as required
- Carry out commercial due diligence
- Manage and review the work of third-party due diligence providers (e.g. financial and legal)
- Lead/ manage smaller transactions independently
People and Talent
- Manage business and risk management process issues by interacting (where required) with representatives on various risk, governance and control committees
- Assume responsibility as the first line of defence in Compliance with regards to deal execution
- Actively support origination in the region working in conjunction with client coverage teams to generate ideas and pitch to clients
- Build effective working relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values
- Ensure compliance with country-level Portfolio Standards, Underwriting Standards, PPGs
- Proactively advise and monitor all major risk issues and concentrations. Where appropriate, direct remedial action and/ or ensure adequate escalation and reporting to the Board and its Risk Committees
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Take individual responsibility to ensure risk-taking is disciplined.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate Attributes
- Client Coverage teams
- Managing Directors / Executive Directors LAF
- Regional Head LAF and Global Head LAF
- Other product teams within GCM
- Key infrastructure functions: Credit, Legal and Compliance
Judgement / Complexity
- Strong market / product knowledge
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Self-starter & ability to think laterally
- Market presence both with clients & competitors
About Standard Chartered
- Analytical ability
- Lateral thinking
- Negotiating skills
- Communication skills
- Relationship building
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers