The Role Responsibilities Strategy
Assist the Head of ESG GCM West in performing its strategic responsibilities, including:
- Key point of contact to coordinate and align the overall ESG strategy for GCM across product teams. Broad responsibilities include:
- Driving with the products the agenda for GCM clients on social, sustainability and transition financing, including new and innovative solutions as the market evolves.
- Coordinating with PEF, LAF, DCM and FS teams to ensure coherent and aligned content in ESG GCM marketing efforts with clients (borrowers and investors), liaising with independent verifiers and regulators, as well as ensuring GCM thought leadership in representing SC to external industry bodies.
- Develop and work closely with FM sales to populate, develop and proactively market GCM ESG marketing efforts with leading ESG investors (with special focus in Europe and US).
- Work very closely with the SF team and the new transition team so GCM is aligned.
- Work closely with regional industry teams in CC and the broader sustainable finance teams in CCIB.
- Keeping track of latest sustainable market developments to identify opportunities for GCM. Where applicable, disseminating information on important developments and key GCM transactions to key coverage stakeholders to ensure maximum cross sell.
- Work with FM Sales and GCM to map out demand for ESG Credit products in our footprint (MENAP, South Asia, Far East) across the products.
- A similar approach to be taken with non-GCM products like Carbon to help develop the market, products and client reach.
- Work to ensure ESG GCM internal processes and controls are uniform and aligning governance with SF for ESG finance.
- Responsible for delivering the FM ESG Budget for the West.
- Maintain an up to-date knowledge of ESG market trends and practices, on which to base informed dialogue with customers and internal stakeholders
- Work closely with CCIB / Transaction Banking / Sustainable Finance and other stakeholders such as industry teams to drive strategic client agenda and help develop ESG financing products for FM
People and Talent
- Ensure sound understanding of ESG / Sustainable Finance processes relevant to the ESG role, including all compliance related processes.
- Promote transparency and act by example. Help create the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations for the other team members and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the completion of ongoing training / e-learnings
- Adherence to all Group Policies and relevant legislations covering credit, operational, reputational risk among others
- Commitment to Group Code of Conduct
- Timely completion of all e-learning, attestations and requests for information
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- To ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws, other applicable laws and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
- To ensure behaviours set out in the Group Code of Conduct are followed and achieves the outcomes.
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Be part of the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- ESG clients
- CCIB and product partners across the bank
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
About Standard Chartered
- ESG or Sustainable Finance degree preferred
- Passionate about Sustainable Finance and Emerging markets
- Licenses and Certifications/accreditations: internal/externally required as determined from time to time
- Bank training: mandatory & developmental - role specific, and regulatory/compliance bank wide & role specific, as required from time to time
- Languages : English, Arabic required
- Analytical skills
- Proficient in Powerpoint and Excel
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers