Director, DevOps Engineer
The Director - DevOps will implement the DevOps vision within the global business. He or she is responsible for contributing to the vision, long term strategy, and roadmap of DevOps within the organization. He or she ensures that the DevOps engineering function materially accelerates the productivity of the development, QA, and operations teams through automation and repeatable processes.
• Collaborate with development team to define architecture, optimize performance, and right size environments.
• Management of business Iaas, Saas, IaC, virtual network architecture, and monitoring platforms
• Deploy and maintain critical applications on cloud-native microservices architecture Implement automation, effective monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code
• Expertise in multiple technical environments and knowledge of one or more business areas.
• Hands-on technical expert and have experience working as a subject matter expert on cloud technologies.
• Provide global thought leadership on the serverless application lifecycle
• Design solutions that are practical, flexible, scalable, reusable, strategic and are achieved through the application of industry proven architectural principles, standards, and governance.
• Continuously evaluate existing systems with industry standards and make recommendations for improvement
• Serve as tactical relationship manager between DevOps teams, business, senior LOB management, and vendors.
• Manage and mentor global team of DevOps engineers ensuring that all members of the team are working effectively and provide recommendations around tools or processes that would be beneficial to the team.
• Comprehensive (7+ years) professional experience as a DevOps/System Engineer, Architect or Technical lead.
• Proven record of managing medium to large size DevOps engineering team(s) (2+ years).
• Ability to adjust gracefully to changing situations, keeping team aligned and focused.
• Ability to perform technical deep-dives into code, networking, systems and storage configuration
• Experience Designing, implementing, and managing CI/CD with configuration management tools for large size organization
• Extensive Cloud experience in AWS especially in architecting, deploying, and managing production workloads
• Track record of implementing AWS services and wider serverless ecosystem of tools including Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Cognito, AWS Step Functions, Amazon SQS and SNS, Amazon Kinesis, VPC, IAM, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, etc.
• A background of deep technical expertise in various technology areas such as; Cloud Adoption; Cloud migration and deployment; Database and Middleware management; full lifecycle enterprise Software Development; DevOps pipeline build and management;
• Background using Saas Monitoring platforms (datadog, new relic, etc).
• Expertise in leading large-scale serverless delivery projects
• Expertise in experience working with event-driven or microservices architectures
• BS in Computer Science (or equivalent). Master's preferred or additional certifications/training.
• The key competencies for this position include the following:
• Deep Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) including Agile Development Methodology
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and, consultative skills, work effectively with clients, vendors, peers, and business/IT management.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to stay current on trends and development within functional area of experience along with the industry.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
• Willingness to learn, a can do attitude, and motivated to succeed and grow.
• Must demonstrate accountability, sound decision making, analytical thoroughness, clear and concise communications, and the ability to lead and mentor team members.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.