Senior Trading Full Stack Developer
Description About this role
At BlackRock, we are looking for Software Engineers who like to innovate and solve complex problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, drive, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
With over USD $7 trillion of assets we have an exceptional responsibility: our technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial wellbeing.
Being a developer at BlackRock means you get the best of both worlds: working for one of the most advanced financial companies and also being part of a software development team responsible for next generation technology and solutions. What is Aladdin and the Aladdin Product Group (APG)?
You will be working on BlackRock's investment operating system Aladdin. Aladdin is used both internally and externally by many financial institutions. Aladdin combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making and create a connective tissue for thousands of users investing worldwide.
Our development team's sit inside APG. We collaboratively build the next generation of technology that changes the way information, people, and technology intersect for global investment firms. We build and package tools that manage trillions in assets and supports millions of financial instruments. We perform risk calculations and process millions of transactions for thousands of users every day worldwide!
You are a Web Engineer who is passionate about building high quality software which is intuitive and efficient to use, visually appealing and inspires end user delight. You take extraordinary pride in seeing your vision come to life in the hands of a user.
The position is within the Exchange Traded Funds (ETF) Systems Development team which is responsible for technology utilized externally by Authorized Participants & Market Makers and internally by Global Markets & Portfolio Managers. This technology helps our clients manage ETF primary trading orders, negotiate custom orders, and project & distribute ETF basket holdings. We are beginning a multi-year project to rearchitect and redesign our systems to fuel dramatic growth in assets under management and ETF order volumes. The ETF team is highly visible as iShares (a family of exchange-traded funds (ETFs) managed by BlackRock) is a key contributor towards BlackRock's continued growth.
Our team is:
- Passionate about technology, and like to pursue complex problems
- Build solutions for both BlackRock and over 100 organizations who use the Aladdin eco-system
- Work with the latest Web Technology and operate in an agile environment
- Committed to open source, and want to contribute back to the community
- Believe in writing testable software, with a focus on incremental innovation
- Strong programming skills (7+ Years) in modern Web Technology such as Angular 8, React, TypeScript, HTML, CSS, d3.js, NodeJS, ag-grid, Webpack, Karma, Jasmine, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of multithreading or multi-process development - essential knowledge in enterprise development
- Experience incorporating security into externally facing web applications
- A real passion for Automated Testing - unit, integration, regression
- Proficient user of Git, Maven, Jenkins, and CI/CD
- At ease discussing Object-Oriented Analysis, and Design, including an opinion on Design Patterns
- Distributed caching experience is a plus
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills.
- Ability to express ideas or analysis with clarity
- Deliver high level of service through responsiveness and accuracy
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work with changing priorities
- Work with teams in multi-office, multi-country environments across several time zones
- Excellent organizational skills to manage priorities and workflow with efficiency
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or engineering preferred.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.