- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Accountant – Financial Reporting
Location: New York, NY, USARole & Responsibilities:
- Assist in accurate and timely filing of Company's 10Q & 10Ks and other SEC filings
- Assist in preparation of materials for the Company's quarterly earnings calls
- Prepare/review XBRL instance documents for quarterly and annual filings
- Review/prepare accounting entries and analyses related to stock-based compensation
- Assist in preparation of all BOD and senior management level reporting
- Preparation of ERISA and statutory insurance financial statements
- Monitor developments and best practices in SEC reporting and assist in enhancing the Company's disclosures
- Assist in various other ad hoc projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Solid understanding of SEC reporting and U.S. GAAP
- 2-4 years of experience; Public accounting or public/private mix preferred
- CPA or parts passed preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, research skills and attention to detail
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.