Lead Data Scientist to support Data Analytics and AI ML Programs, VP
Data Innovation and Architecture
technology group has responsibility for key technologies and capabilities on behalf of the Treasury and Trade Services (TTS)
organisation at Citi. TTS provides transaction and banking services to Citi's Institutional Clients, and is truly a global organisation, having a presence in over 100 countries. TTS is one of the strongest businesses at Citi, delivering consistent quarter-on-quarter profitability and growth.
This is a Sr. Data Scientist role within the Big Data Analytics team to develop and operationalize AI/Machine Learning models. The candidate will work on existing applications and frameworks for data delivery and will also be responsible for developing new models and frameworks, and delivering on business use cases. The role is within a technology group, but involves engagement with business and understanding of operating environments. Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Focus on Natural Language Processing (NLP) and work directly with the business to develop proprietary text classification software that uses machine learning technology to extract, analyze, and classify information from unstructured textual data for the financial services industry.
- Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods
- Run machine learning tests and experiments
- Develop frameworks to Train and retrain systems when necessary
- Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks
- Liaising with partner teams and distributed groups to secure rapid engagement, support and problem solving as needed
- Analysis and documentation of data from variety of sources and formats
- Developing mappings and code for integration of data sets from disparate domains
- Quality assurance and testing of analytical routines and data frameworks
- Effective problem solving and issue identification in the event of outages and failures
- Remain up to date on industry research and new techniques in machine learning
- Understanding technology industry trends, how they impact our future solutions and provide strategic direction for the development community.
Job Family Group:
- Strong background in Algorithms, Data Structures, Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Natural Language Processing.
- Experience must include text analytics such as Named Entity Recognition (NER), Topic Modelling, Sentiment Classification etc.,
- Extensive hand-coding expertise in programming language such as Python and Core Java
- Experience in building and managing REST APIs.
- Experience in systems integration, web services, batch processing
- Experience with distributed systems such as Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark, streaming data processing, cloud architecture.
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks and libraries (like scikit-learn, SparkML, tensorflow, pytorch etc.,)
- Experience of visualisation tools such as Qlikview, Tableau, MicroStrategy
- Candidate should have strong analytical and numeric capability, a background in analytics and knowledge of analytical tools / data science tools and techniques.
- Candidate should be a strong communicator and a disciplined worker, who is capable of self-motivation and effective problem-solving
- PhD, Masters in computer science, applied mathematics or/computational discipline.
Technology Job Family:
Applications Development Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting