Java Engineer - RIA Engineering - Global Markets
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB GLOBAL MARKETS
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor. RIA Engineering
The RIA Engineering team in Global Markets is responsible for delivering digital services to our Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) clients. We design and build sleek, modern frontends, powered by scalable, reliable, and secured backend API services to provide clients trading, portfolio management, asset custody and clearing services. The RIA Engineering team builds new features, and continues bringing new financial products to our RIA clients, giving them necessary services and tools to serve their clients' needs. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As a member of the RIA (Registered Investment Advisor) engineering team, you'll be responsible for building out custody and trading systems that service institutional client needs at scale. As an engineer within RIA, you will be working in a close knit team at the forefront of shaping our client's experience by creating new technology driven businesses. This is an opportunity to work closely with experienced engineers, business developers, and a diverse client base to deliver APIs, services, and technology solutions that scale to meet a broad range of client needs. We are looking for engineers who thrive in a client-driven, agile environment. Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
- 3+ years of software development experience, or 1 with an advanced degree
- Excellent object oriented or functional analysis and design skills.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a global team.
- Experience advocating for customer issues/needs.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience with AWS / Azure or similar Cloud platforms
- Experience building scalable and distributed microservices
- Experience working with relational and no-SQL database systems
- Interest and ability to learn frameworks, technologies, and programming languages as needed.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity