Full Stack Engineer - Marquee - Prime Digital Strategy
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Marquee team at Goldman Sachs is responsible for delivering digital products to our institutional client base. We design and build highly scalable web platforms that provide access to Goldman Sachs content, risk, and clearing services. These tools help to transform and simplify client experiences while generating new revenue streams and business models for a leader in global financial markets. Marquee is a product driven team, composed of talented and passionate product managers, designers, and engineers working to change the expectation of institutional finance.
As an engineer within Marquee, you will be working in a close knit team at the forefront of shaping our client's experience by creating new technology driven businesses to externalize our data to both existing clients and entirely new markets. You will have the opportunity to work closely with our users to get a better understanding of their requirements and build scalable resilient solutions meeting the latest technology standards. We thrive to provide a standardised user experience for our clients, having recently moved into a new platform for our offerings, you'll have the opportunity to work on architecting offerings from scratch to make this a reality. Wherever your interests fall, you will find your calling amidst our diverse mix of teams and functions.
Using leading open source technologies, we are scaling to a multitude of API calls which are used by clients across the globe. We are pursuing engineers across the stack who enjoy working in a client driven and agile environment; from those who are confident developing low latency, scalable and resilient solutions through individuals passionate in implementing responsive user interfaces. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Basic Qualifications
Expert Knowledge In One Or More Of
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Excellent object oriented or functional analysis and design skills.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a global team.
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development.
- Programming in a complied language such as Java and experience with concurrency and memory management.
- Practiced lean methodologies, like Scrum, Kanban or XP
- Ability to proactively establish trust with stakeholders up to executive level
Why Marquee Prime
- Work on some of the most complex technical and design challenges in technology and finance
- Learn from the foremost experts in finance and technology who are diverse in their academic, ethnic, and social backgrounds
- Benefit from ongoing training, development, and mentoring to advance in your career
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Be part of our larger business initiative to move our existing offerings onto the strategic Marquee platform, getting the chance to architect applications from scratch and providing the greatest digital strategy for our clients
- Work on a platform with high standards on availability, resiliency and monitoring
- Work in a high paced environment, following the Agile methodology
- Work with global team members in a highly collaborative environment to learn from each other
- Opportunity to work closely with our users to understand the business needs better
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity