Director, Strategy Indices
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
Director, Strategy Indices
Director, Strategy Indices S&P Dow Jones Indices
Strategy indices are a growing area in the indexing and investments landscape - it encompasses all of S&P Dow Jones' indices that are not market capitalization weighted. This includes alternate beta/factor based indices, dividend, quantitative strategies including asset allocation strategies, and thematic strategies. The role of the product manager is one of a general manager taking on various roles as needed - externally as a product expert when speaking with clients, events, and media and internally as the owner of the product development and maintenance process, and the financial health of the product line.
The Director for Strategy Indices will be responsible for the commercial success of Strategy indices, under guidance from the Global head, with particular focus in the US and on insurance clients and related product sets. Areas of focus would include risk-managed strategies, multi-asset class strategies, and other quantitative strategies that are widely used in products in the insurance space but also find wide-ranging applications in other areas (ETFs, structured products, etc.). Knowledge of hedging and tracking of investment products is very helpful. The role would cover other areas including risk-premia (factor-based strategies) indices including development and support of new products in that space
Following responsibilities are part of the role: Interfacing with clients, prospective clients and strategic partners via coordination with S&P Client Coverage with the goal of identifying and communicating client driven needs. Planning, coordinating and implementing the required tasks needed to ensure the smooth and timely launch of new indices. Deep involvement in product design working closely with the Research & Design team Supporting the indices via creating content used in marketing materials (white papers, blogs, video's and other media). Monitor and react to the competitive landscape.
The individual acts as the key point of contact between the Product Management and various cross functional business units including Research and Design, Marketing, Channel Management, Client Services, Client Coverage, IT, legal and Index Management & Production.
30% Assume direct responsibility for the development and launch of new indices with demand gathered from clients primarily in the US. The individual would be required to put on a global hat as and when needed. Interact with clients or prospects to determine market driven feedback for specific product line; determine needs of clients and whether S&P can meet those needs.
Maintain and evolve specific presentation materials including pitch books so that Client Coverage can eventually utilize these tools without direct support Be the content expert at client facing meetings with sales team Represent SPDJI at conferences and forums as the subject matter expert
20% Develop or manage market feedback communications to senior management including the needs of the customers/prospects and recommending select courses of actions to meet specific needs. Participate actively in weekly coordination meetings to advocate and communicate for commercially viable efforts.
30% Create and maintain collateral and data sets as appropriate working in collaboration with the senior product managers. Key materials would include long and short form white papers that clients can use to better understand our products.
10% Participate and speak in conferences, interact with media. Proactively work to generate such opportunities in concert with marketing and communications teams.
10% Work with Customer service & help support (pre and post index launch) as needed - become an integral part of the customer experience.
OTHER REQUIRED ACCOUNTABILITIES: The core of this job is collaboration with Marketing and Communications, Research and Sales teams to get alignment on the product direction. Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal are a must.
DIMENSIONS: The S&P Dow Jones Strategy indices have $51 million in revenue globally.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree, and an MBA or CFA is preferred.
- Analytical and Quantitative skills are a must. The position requires interacting with extremely sophisticated clients and the ability to learn and ask questions is paramount. Programming skills in Python, R, and/or Matlab are highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written. Candidate would have to deliver high quality presentations both internally to senior management and externally to clients. In addition, they would be responsible for creating other content including papers,
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as part of a team; can effectively influence others and gain their consensus when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to handle steep learning curves; very comfortable dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty.
COMPLEXITY: The position requires an ability to deal with a high level of technical complexity but in addition, an ability to explain that complexity to a wide audience. It is not expected that the individual be competent with any of the existing strategies out there but should have the background and the ability to tackle steep learning curves and drive discussions with extremely sophisticated clients.
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
- At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com.
- To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
- S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
- If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
- The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.