- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Software Engineer – Front End
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Software Engineer - Front End will manage user interface (UI) development projects in cooperation with marketing and development teams. The main objective is to enhance brand awareness, lead generation and lead nurturing by building out and improving MoodysAnalytics.com. Reporting to the Director, Central Marketing , key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with marketing, UX and development team members in defining and implementing innovative solutions for the website user experience.
- Code projects and prototype functional solutions. Test and verify projects through a rapid iterative design and development process.
- Provide the development team with functional specifications for the integration of the UI with a proprietary content management system (CMS).
- Optimize UI applications for maximum speed and mobile-friendly, responsive display
- Participate in regular "scrum" meetings with the back end development team and perform user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Participate in strategy and brainstorming meetings, and work with strategy and user experience teams to ensure technical feasibility of proposed designs.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to user experiences.
- Create wireframes, user flows, process flows and live prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Establish UI development guidelines, best practices and standards for reference.
- Research the latest technologies and utilize relevant tools in front-end development work as needed.
- Update and maintain a set of responsive email templates.
The role is part of Moody's Analytics Central Marketing Team.
- 3 years of professional experience in a web-based, performance-focused design development environment.
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related field required.
- Expert front end development skills with a link to an interactive portfolio and/or code samples demonstrating your work experience.
- Experience using CSS pre-processors such as Sass or LESS.
- Knowledge of modern front-end frameworks, libraries and utilities as needed e.g. React, Angular, Node.js.
- Ability to write high-performance, semantic, reusable code.
- Experience building and rapidly iterating on interactive prototypes.
- Experience troubleshooting cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Knowledge of web standards, accessibility, and usability principles.
- Familiarity with agile/scrum software development methodology.
- Experience with content management systems such as Sitecore or Sharepoint.
- Proficiency with Adobe CC, Axure, Google Analytics/Tag Manager/Webmaster.
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO), marketing automation (Marketo) and project communication tools such as Slack and Trello a big plus.
- High detail orientation and ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment, displaying outstanding analytical, multitasking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and a history of successful interactions with diverse stakeholders at all organizational levels.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.