Senior Credit Review Manager - Group Internal Audit
- Manhattan, NY, USA Manhattan NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
SENIOR CREDIT REVIEW MANAGER This role is responsible for the execution of independent credit reviews as a team Leader under the guidance of the Head of Credit Risk Review. The purpose of the credit review is to assess the credit quality of the US portfolio and effectiveness of the credit risk management practices of the first and second lines of defense
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good.
We are currently looking for Credit Review Manager.
This role is responsible for the execution of independent credit reviews as a team Leader under the guidance of the Senior Credit Audit Manager. The purpose of the credit review is to assess the credit quality of the US portfolio and effectiveness of the credit risk management practices of the first and second lines of defense.. This includes responsibility for:
* Act as Team Leader in executing credit reviews. This includes managing all phases of the reviews as well as performing Credit Grade assessments.
* Assistance with Policy & Procedure development to govern the credit review program
* Assistance with additional projects necessary for the sound execution and operation of the newly formed credit review function.
* Continuous Monitoring of the US loan portfolio, to include MIS review, credit file reviews, drafting of reports for submission to regulators and the Bank's various risk committees. Raise issues outside of formal reviews when needed.
* Support the Senior Credit Audit Manager in all matters related to credit risk, including contributing to the GIA risk assessment and development of an appropriate credit review plan.
Roles and Responsibilites:
* Support the Senior Credit Audit Manager and support the GIA RHOA in the execution of Credit Risk Review plan.
* Act as Team Leader on various Credit Reviews and act as Continuous Monitoring officer on all assigned portfolios. This includes planning, execution and reporting of Loan Reviews, Continuous Monitoring activities, and any Special Projects assigned.
* Apply credit analysis expertise to perform credit file reviews to assess accuracy of credit grades by conducting an independent underwriting.
* Identify deficiencies in the application of the Bank's Credit Risk Management Framework.
* Ensure early identification and escalation of risks, issues, trends and developments to relevant stakeholders.
* Ensure that assigned audit work is executed in an efficient and effective manner, within the given budget and timelines, and in line with GIA methodology standards.
* Apply expert auditing skills and relevant business, technical and risk management knowledge to the assigned audits.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders in the business, within GIA.
Regulatory and business conduct
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
* Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements.
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters, consistent with GIA's role.
A seasoned credit risk leader with credit analysis experience and experience in credit review/audit of credit risk.
* Credit analysis:
o A credit review specialist, with a minimum of 7 years experience in corporate and institutional banking
o Formal credit training is required
o Knowledge of risk assessment models including PD, LGD &, EL
o Prior experience in an independent credit risk review function is preferred, including managing credit risk reviews, participating in credit risk reviews, and experience with continuous monitoring
o Oil & Gas, Energy, and Natural Resources industry experience is preferred
o Familiarity with Financial Institutions (Banks, Non-Banks, Funds) is preferred
o Understanding of business strategy, plans, products, performance and related issues at the business unit level.
o Experience in managing a team and/or project, including multi-functional and cross-border teams.
* Strong communicator, both written and oral
* Self-starter, ability to conduct job responsibilities with limited guidance from senior management
* Ability to influence and gain the respect of management, stakeholders and peersConfident and courageous to raise and escalate issues in a proactive, professional and timely manner
* Ability to commit up to 10% business travel
* Ability to perform the role of Change Leader