Instrument Engineer Manager - Front & Middle-Office
Job description: Instrument Engineering Manager
Bring your financial services and software knowledge to State Street Alpha team. Work with top investment managers and Asset owner globally to understand their strategy and how they are achieving them with specific investment in instruments. Translate this into Alpha operating model from both servicing and technology perspective across different platform in the Alpha ecosystem.
This role will be interacting with prospects & clients during different stages of sales process all the way to onboarding and Business as usual (BAU). Direct responsibilities for this position include:
- Work with clients to understand Instrument deployed by clients to achieve their investment strategy
- Own & articulate Instrument processing capabilities of Alpha Front & Middle office Ecosystem to External & Internal audience.
- Understand structured products and OTC deals from client's deal sheet.
- Process the instrument on our core Front and Middle office platforms. Creative problem solver to arrive at optimal solution for instrument processing on existing software.
- Work with Product management team to enhance the software to handle new instrument type and variations of existing modules. Create actionable enhancement document for respective Product teams
- Document workflow with examples for operations team to help them service instrument on the platform.
- Be in the forefront of any regulations/market developments associated with instrument, Example - Introduction of new exchange traded swap
- Prior experience working in financial institution on Listed and OTC Instruments. .i.e Fixed Income, Asset Backed, CDS, CDX, TRS, IRS, Bank Loans, Portfolio Swaps etc.
- Expert in market conventions relating to Trading, Accounting, Performance Management relating to instrument processing.
- Prior experience with Software products like CRD, State Street platforms (RKS, OTC Hub etc) ,Eagle Platform , Aladdin etc is a big plus
- Ability to learn new financial software tools to process instruments and track the flow from Front office to back office systems.
- Experience interacting with Front and Middle office business users, software Product managers, developers and QA analyst.
- BS or BA degree required; Master's degree, CPA, or CFA preferred.