Data Operations Business Systems Analyst
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
Using discretion and judgement, the Data Operations Business Systems Analyst helps develop enterprise data technology solutions that address the business needs of the MFS organization. You will independently meet with project stakeholders and business partners at all levels of the organization to elicit and gather business requirements. In addition, you will develop and maintain formal specifications that clearly outline the key requirements. The Business Systems Analyst collaborates with Data Architecture (DA), Enterprise Information Management (EIM), and Application Architecture as well as with external vendors and internal IT resources to develop, test, and deploy technology solutions. The Business Systems Analyst follows the MFS system-development life cycle while working to release projects and maintenance items for the benefit of our clients and internal business partners.
- The Data Operations Business Systems Analyst supports the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and Enterprise Data projects by helping to drive the enterprise wide data strategy as well as working in conjunction with other Enterprise Architecture and Development groups to design and develop technology solutions to support that strategy.
- Perform analysis of business data needs to determine business requirements, data governance implications, and data quality requirements. Work with business users to understand and define needs above and beyond requirements provided by the business. Convert business requirements into functional specifications. Work closely with the business users, QA, developers, data modelers and other technology professionals to ensure that project deliverables are completed on time and within budget
- Act as the primary liaison between business stakeholders and the technology organization to ensure proper implementation of requirements within the expected timetable. Communicate any material modifications of business requirements to business stakeholders.
- Formulate and define systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and an understanding of applicable business systems, data governance principles and industry requirements.
- Collaborate with the QA team in developing high-level test plans.
- Work with automated testing team when needed for performance/load testing as well as automated regression testing.
- Work to ensure a positive end product for business stakeholders by overseeing the implementation of new enterprise data and tools to facilitate the use of that data.
- Provide timely application and production support as needed to the departments and systems that they support. Work with business partners and other IT departments to resolve questions, assess user needs, and recommend solutions.
- Ensure proper data processing through the use of data checks and reports to facilitate error free business processes.
- Follow the MFS Software Development Life-cycle (SDLC), ensuring that all steps of the process have been followed prior to releasing any code.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of four years' experience in supporting enterprise data technologies or similar data warehousing experience.
- Intermediate technical skills including an understanding of underlying relevant technical architecture and business processes.
- Proven ability to efficiently utilize resources and communicate with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to make independent decisions.
- A firm understanding of systems development life-cycle and Agile framework.
- Proven ability to develop creative solutions to meet business needs.
- Strong SQL knowledge on Oracle, Sybase, or SQL Server.
- Familiar with Data Governance concepts as well as Reporting/BI Tools a plus.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."