Cloud Tech Lead – Tampa – C13 / VP
The position is technical leadership within the Global Functions Technology Services Organization. The role will provide opportunities to lead the adoption and build out of best in class technology solutions to solve complex business problems. Citi's scale and diversity provide a rich learning environment for technical, business and leadership skills. Day to d ay work will involve heavy collaboration with teams globally, and the opportunity to work alongside seasoned professionals from various groups within Citigroup.
- Deliver advanced technical projects as an individual contributor and provide technical leadership on projects implemented by the wider team of Software Engineers/Analyst Developers based globally.
- Collaborate effectively with a large global team of software engineers, business analysts, dev-ops and support staff to deliver software solutions for the business.
- Advance the software infrastructure by continuously adopting new technologies where appropriate to solve business problems.
- This role involves working as a part of distributed teams and demands strong writing, communication, time-management skills along with good technical skills.
- Manage one or more Applications Development teams in an effort to accomplish established goals as well as conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions)
- Utilize in-depth knowledge and skills across multiple Applications Development areas to provide technical oversight across systems and applications
- Review and analyze proposed technical solutions for projects
- Contribute to formulation of strategies for applications development and other functional areas
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of how areas of business integrate to accomplish business goals
- Provide evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual data in complicated and unique situations
- Impact the Applications Development area through monitoring delivery of end results, participate in budget management, and handling day-to-day staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and contribute to defining standards negotiating with external parties when necessary
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 3+ years of experience with Cloud Computing
- 5+ years of programming experience in Java, J2EE and any RDBMS
- 5+ years Hands-on Experience in an Applications Development role
- 3+ years of relevant experience in the Financial Service industry
- Excellent grasp of Concurrent programming concepts
- Experience working with Spring and Spring Integration
- Stakeholder and people management experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proven project management skills
- Basic knowledge of industry practices and standards
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor's degree/University degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
C13 Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Applications Development Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting