Risk Model & Calibration Analyst - Milton Keynes
- Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom Milton Keynes England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Aug 18 2018-08-13
Give it your all in a role that will support your growth
We have an exciting opportunity for a Model & Calibration Analyst to join our Financial Crime Analytics Team in Milton Keynes.
The Financial Crime Analytics Team seeks to use Risk Models to identify and understand the Financial Crime Risk to the Bank and appropriately assess the vulnerability. The Model & Calibration analyst will support the management the Risk Models, providing analytics knowledge and provide ongoing specialist and technical support.
In this role the job holder will be responsible for undertaking UAT Testing, conducting thorough and in-depth analysis, undertaking efficiency testing and calibration of risk models and conducting analytics to ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Model & Calibration Analyst your main responsibilities will be
- Provide specialist knowledge and expertise of Risk Models
- Deliver presentations and analysis findings to internal & external stakeholders, both in written and verbal format
- Investigate root cause of Alert Generated spikes or lows, to identify risk/ issues
- Accurately record details of tasks in Task Trackers, recording and date stamping methodology considered and applied, decisions and actions, and complete and manage effective MI Reporting and analysis
- Escalate as appropriate identified risks and/ or issues with control mechanisms, risk model
- Conduct analysis to identify efficiencies to Risk Models to improve effectiveness and reduce overall Risk
Minimum skills and experience required
- Relevant experience in an MI/Financial Crime team, particularly in respect to SQL coding
- Strong experience of Microsoft SQL 2008 onwards (2016 in use) or SAS
- Good Communication Skills - verbal, written and presentation, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Strong understanding and practical knowledge of Norkom, and experience of Tableau
- Strong SSRS experience and Proven T-SQL
- Ability to quickly absorb and understand complex data / issues, to extract results and to present key conclusions
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 additional days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You'll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.