- Competitive with Excellent Benefits
- Manchester, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 11 Oct 18
Relationship Director As a Barclays Relationship Director in Manchester you'll manage, develop and grow a portfolio of corporate customers. Your success will be driven by delivering excellent customer service, deepening relationships and proactively attracting new customers to the Bank.
As a Barclays Relationship Director in Manchester you'll manage, develop and grow a portfolio of corporate customers. Your success will be driven by delivering excellent customer service, deepening relationships and proactively attracting new customers to the Bank.
At Barclays, we provide corporate banking solutions to businesses with an annual turnover of more than £5 million in the UK, and to large local companies, financial institutions and multinationals in non-UK markets. We support the success and growth of our clients by providing lending, risk management, cash and liquidity management, trade finance, and asset and sales financing. Our Relationship Banking team is responsible for increasing our appeal to our Business customers, through a focussed relationship management proposition which drives improvement to service, quality and the effective development and execution of new strategic propositions which deliver sustainable commercial results.
As a Relationship Director, your main responsibilities will involve:
* Demonstrating that you are devoted to your customers' success - making your customers' life easier and regularly looking at ways to further achieve this goal
* Taking an active interest in your customers' business, identifying their needs and providing solutions to enabling their business to grow
* Using your considerable expertise on the demographic of your local market, understanding business, and understanding financial information to work with your customers in providing credit facilities
* Actively sharing your skills and knowledge with your peers and more junior colleagues, to assist in their development
* Demonstrating involvement and initiative in Barclays objectives of becoming a force for good.
* Demonstrating effective use of your time and resource in making a real and lasting difference within your community
As a Relationship Director, your skills and qualifications will include:
* Solid experience of relationship portfolio management, lending money, and knowledge of the Credit Skills
* Previous experience in a service role, meeting customers' needs with appropriate business products and propositions
* Sound knowledge of policies and procedures across the Group relevant to Barclays Business market would be advantageous
* An excellent understanding of the impact of economic environment on customers' needs and business
* A good knowledge of risk policies and procedures relating to credit conformance, regulatory and operational risk
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.