- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
Web API Developer
Web API DeveloperCompany Overview
As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals across the planet meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients' needs. That's why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients.
Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £418.2 billion (€476.3 billion/$543.3 billion)* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 4,100 people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
We are a global business that's managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients' needs at the heart of everything we do. For over two centuries and more than seven generations we've grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients' needs and interests. Explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
Schroders' culture and core values of Integrity, Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence are fundamental to our success, and it is important we reflect them in everything we do.
Schroders provides industry leading benefits from core components of pension, life assurance and private health care, through to an extensive range of Health and Wellbeing benefits, gym membership in London and an Employee Assistance Programme to improve both the physical and mental wellbeing of our teams. *as at 30 June 2017
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that's managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we've grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
The Schroders Global Information Security function ensures our business is able to operate safely in a dynamic threat and technological environment by effectively managing the risks to its information assets. To achieve this aim, the function contains teams responsible for Cyber Security, Insider Security, Information Risk Management, Technology Risk and the Information Security Change Programme.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a potential candidate who strives to produce high quality work, is a good team player, works well with a variety of stakeholders and communicates well. They should also be proactive to identify areas that need attention, or have gaps, and be able to suggest possible solutions.
You will be part of the Insider Security team within the Global Information Security team reporting to the Head of Insider Security. This is as a new capability embedded within the Information Security team to maximise our ability to gain value from the data we have. You will have close interaction with vendors ranging from start-ups to established software firms.
The successful candidate will provide:
- Provide implementation and support expertise in extending our Global Identity and Access Management solution (IAM) through reporting, utilities and dashboards
- Support the integration of various Information Security tools and request tools
- Iteratively building a sustainable data acquisition and processing capability
- Familiarity with web, API, SQL and related ETL technologies will thus be essential to the role.
- Understand and capture monitoring and reporting requirements from stakeholders
- Analyse and model data to develop simple and complex reports to meet stakeholder requirements
- Create comprehensible dashboards, to visualise complex and vast datasets, which support risk management and facilitate management decision making
- Integrate systems using APIs
- Automate reporting and monitoring tasks as much as possible to ensure maximum efficiency within the team
- Analyse organisational data and develop solutions to monitoring and reporting problems
- Plan projects and tasks using Agile methodologies
General and Technical Skills:
- Proven ability to analyse and manage issues through to resolution
- Ability to build trustworthy relationships
- Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self-improvement
- C#.net developer
- Microsoft SQL / MySQL database experience
- Experience with reporting platforms (e.g. Tableau, SSRS)
- Experience working with APIs
- Python and PowerShell experience
- Experience in a SAFe Agile work environment
- Experience with configuring ServiceNow and SailPoint IdentityIQ
- Familiarity with RPA (Robotics)
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Elastic Search)
- Familiarity with ETL technologies (HDF, UC4 etc.)
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.