Sr. Manager DB Specialists
DESCRIPTION Amazon Web Services (AWS) is currently seeking a Manager for a Team of Database Specialist Architects in EMEA, carrying out activities and supporting teams across all markets in the region.
In this role, you need to be technically capable and credible in your own right, as well as useful in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technology to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore, establishing thought leadership by looking beyond the technology, considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change technology perspectives is an essential aspect of the role. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our services teams, business development, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
You will also enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You have a passion for educating, training and enabling Non-relational database experts for a diverse and challenging set of commercial customers. Ideally you would also have an understanding of non-relational databases, including Redis, Blockchain, and Ledger Database.
The ideal candidate has experience working as a Solutions Architect or similar role and leading a team of a Solutions Architects. You enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones so that you can make substantial contributions to in-depth architecture discussions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Engage with customers and critical AWS business partners such as sales, business development, services teams, professional services, partners, and support.
• Hire, onboard, train, and develop new database Specialist Solutions Architects from internal and external sources
• Educate commercial customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in architectural discussions to design purpose-built database solutions for successful deployment in the cloud
• Build and coach the team on the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS
• Capture, share and scale best-practice knowledge amongst customers, and the AWS solutions architect community
• Build deep relationships with decision makers within customer accounts to enable them to be "Cloud advocates."
• Act as a conduit and liaison between customers and service engineering teams and shape service offerings.
This is an EMEA-Wide role, therefore we can hire in any of our major EMEA Hubs including; the Nordics, Benelux, France, DACH and Iberia.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Proven design and implementation experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database, MySQL and IBM DB2
• Experience in design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications
• Demonstrated experienced in sales, technical pre-sales, product development, or customer facing resources
• Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization.
• Business fluent English is required for customer interactions, internal communication, and collaboration with the worldwide teams.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • • Academic background Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent professional experience
• NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Hadoop (HBase, Redis) and on different stages of the lifecycle (Data model design, Query Tuning and Optimization, operational management and troubleshooting)
• • Experience communicating and working with Developers, IT, Chief Data/Technology/Product Officers to articulate database strategies and plans.
• • Experience of data migration techniques and process planning including transaction processing, security, logging and monitoring. Experience of advanced deployment architectures such as availability, resiliency and fault tolerance.
• • Deep understanding of AWS services related to databases highly desirable, particularly Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon DocumentDB, Amazon Elasticsearch, Amazon Aurora, AWS Lambda, Amazon EC2 Container Service.
• • Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
• • Experience managing technical teams
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employee Minority/Female/Disability/Vet