Sr.Spec'st Bus.Analysis Cons't
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
Sr.Spec'st Bus.Analysis Cons't
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
BNY Mellon Markets Technology is recruiting for a new role of Business Analyst working within the Markets FX Services area. The role will cover requirements analysis and functional design across the Markets FX Services area, with initial focus on building out a strategic front-to-back technology platform for the FX Prime Brokerage business. FX Prime Brokerage covers a broad spectrum of functional areas, from trade execution, trade capture, trade valuations, credit limit monitoring, counterparty risk management, margin calculation, collateral management, external client reporting and regulatory reporting. Therefore, the successful candidate will be required to work across Business, Technology and Operational teams to deliver a series of transformational projects. For example, the FX PB Business is looking to extend the current FXPB Product offering to include FX Options. The successful candidate will be required to spearhead the requirements analysis and design, and work with Application Development teams to schedule and implement required solutions. This is an exciting role, where the candidate will be working closely with FX Prime Brokerage business leads, in London and New York.
In addition to FX Prime Brokerage, the candidate will have an opportunity to work within the FX Payments area, where the business is looking to offer internal BNYM systems and external clients with new API functionality to perform FX Currency Conversion and FX Payments services. Again, the candidate will be working closely the FX Payment business leads, in London and New York.
• Document business requirements and process and, where appropriate, carry out testing to ensure requirements are met.
• Partner with the business, production services and application development teams to execute on the Markets FX Technology target state vision.
• Manage deliverables across multiple system owners to deliver critical changes to existing systems.
• Be a trusted partner, collaborating with Global teams across Business, Technology, Operations and Business teams, to analyse, specify and deliver scalable and strategic technology solutions.
• Own the formal definition, documentation, and communication of project requirements scope and objectives.
• The individual will need to understand regulatory requirements for individual systems and what changes are required to provide the appropriate data to a regulatory reporting repository.
• Manage and oversee the end to end project management activities of highly complex projects involving multiple systems interfaces.
• Manages and resolves risks, issues and dependencies.
• May have leadership responsibility for project developers.
• Supporting the user acceptance testing (UAT) strategy of the business.
• When necessary, assist the Markets Production Services team with investigation and resolution of production issues. Be able to provide occasional out-of-hours support. For example, to assist with weekend post-deployment production smoke tests.
• Experience of business analysis and design in the FX Prime Brokerage and/or FX Sales/Trading areas.
• Proven client and business facing experience as this is a front-office facing role.
• Prior, in-depth experience in analysing and presenting solutions for large-scale production systems
• Financial Services product knowledge, especially FX, including post trade-life cycle events, NDF fixings, Options Exercise & Expiry and Trade Netting.
• Experience of Credit Risk Monitoring, Counterparty Risk Management and/or Margin & Collateral Management is highly desirable.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills, be flexible, enthusiastic
• Must possess excellent written and oral skills
• Experience of working with/managing globally distributed development teams/system owners
• Good understanding of the software development lifecycle (specifically Agile and Waterfall).
• Experience working with external vendors is favourable.
• Ensures project delivery conforms to BNYM company methodologies and standards.
• Comfortable with system testing against requirements.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Technical skills (e.g. SQL XML, Python) may prove useful
• PowerPoint and presentation skills
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a technical discipline.
• 10+ years of Financial Services Business Analysis on financial services technology is required
What we can offer you:
• Challenging, fun and supportive environment
• Training and experience with the broad set of businesses/asset classes that are in Markets
• Opportunity to shape the BNY Mellon Markets procedures
• Involvement in a Markets business with ambitious growth plans
• Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60169
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1804513