Senior Software Engineer - Intraday Analytics
The Intraday Analytics team is responsible for defining and computing intraday analytics based on financial market data. Our team is also responsible for providing a customizable, interactive and standardized view of that data to our clients. Some of the analytics that we have built in the last few years have become de facto industry standard benchmarks that our clients use to have more trading insights and measure their trading performance!
Our analytics are consumed by our clients not only through our backend services using various monitoring technologies, but also through our own front end applications. As part of our future plans, we are working with quant teams to implement more advanced intraday analytics and to make them accessible to machine learning systems. To achieve this, we plan on re-engineering and expanding our existing distributed infrastructure. Connecting to a faster storage, using Kafka to streamline our events scheduling and building a uniform, high throughput and low latency accessor as well as removing any bottlenecks in our current design, are a must in order to take our infrastructure to the next level. What's in it for you?
You will need to have:
- Be involved in the design and the implementation of critical applications and components of our infrastructure stack
- Apply your experience to drive and own the architecture of our systems
- Apply your experience and knowledge to enhance our infrastructure in order to meet future SLAs
- Collaborate with our stakeholders, and take on product ownership
- Work on core computer science problems and distributed systems, such as efficient data storage and transfer, data replication, load balancing, seamless capacity scaling, distributed storage and compute on years worth of big-data, and much more!
We'd love to see:
- Experience programming in production environment using C++
- Experience in software design and architecture
- Experience working on multithreading and large scale distributed systems
- Be a team player that can collaborate effectively with peers and other teams
- Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Experience with Hadoop, HBase and Spark
- Experience in queuing technologies like RabbitMQ and Kafka
- Experience in project management, mentoring or leadership
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here:
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
We have a lot of opportunities to choose from in Engineering, and it is important to us that your skills and experience align best with the team you are interviewing with. To help ensure you are placed on the right team, your application will be considered for all of our current vacancies in Engineering at the first stage of the interview process.