Senior Business Control Manager, Trustee & Depositary
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 23 Sep 17
The Senior Business Control Manager will, together with other colleagues, be responsible for ongoing ensuring on-going compliance with the requirements per the Financial Conduct Authority Handbook of rules, FUND rules and the regulations contained within the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive with regards to UK Trustee and Depository clients. The teams perform a key fiduciary oversight function within the UK depositary business and produce MI and prime client and regulatory reporting data.
~~The job holder will need extensive industry knowledge and strong management skills. They will be expected to interact with other business areas in UK and in EMEA for processes and technical support shared by T&D activities; and also many of our business partners in compliance, risk and legal. They will also be required to represent their teams and the wider UK T&D business in selected governance forums and to liaise with other senior leaders in the region.
The job holder will hold a senior role in the business managing teams which, in conjunction with other colleagues, are responsible for:
• Oversight activities of Open-ended Collective Investment Schemes, ensuing the operators of these funds adhere to various activities as prescribed in the various COLL/FUND FCA Handbooks
• Oversight activities of Investment Companies to ensure adherence of the companies to the Alternative Investment Fund Manager Directive
• Implementation and development of structures and full operating procedures for a comprehensive monitoring programme for all open and close ended funds; ensuring robust control processes are in place for the full suite of operational activities for all such funds.
• Chair or attend business governance fora, as required
• In conjunction with the EMEA Head of Business Control and Technical Standards, enhancing the operating model by taking advantage of latest BNYM technology and technical expertise, to meet regulatory requirements and to provide added value to clients.
• Overseeing breaches and complaints registers and ensuring timely and appropriate resolution.
• Identifying significant issues and developments at a client level and taking action as appropriate.
• Initiating and revising control practices and procedures to reflect market/industry changes.
• Ensuring quality standards are maintained.
• Identifying and implementing operational efficiencies with the focus on client ‘added value’ benefits, cost saving and improved control of risk.
• Providing a high level of technical expertise together with practical and constructive advice to Unit Trust Managers/Authorised Corporate Directors.
• All internal and external compliance/audit inspections relating to fund pricing, investments, audit production, and report and accounts.
• Implementing Company strategy, policy and practice.
• Supporting the Chief Executive Officer with new business approaches and in particular completion of RFPs; participate in client meetings as required.
• Knowledge and exposure of Asset Servicing and in particular Depositary
• Strong management and leadership skills
The jobholder should have similar proven experience in financial services.
• Change leadership
• Client orientation
• Developing strategic relationships
• Driving execution
• Strategic decision making
• Global acumen
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level):
• Fund valuation and dealing
• Investment knowledge
• Technology savvy
• Man-management skills
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers):
• Bachelor or above
• Accounting qualification
• Relevant professional business qualification