- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: London, England, United KingdomWe are looking for a passionate Quality Assurance Engineer to join the European structured finance desk in London and play a key role in the delivery of our award winning analytical platforms used by banks, hedge funds and investor clients globally.
The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail and enjoy collaborating with both the stakeholders and software engineers in order to drive the development process forward. Experience in finance, and structured finance in particular, is beneficial however we are open minded to smart candidates from other fields of expertise who are interested in getting exposure to the multi-trillion dollar securitisation market.
- Review, write and execute manual tests
- Coordination of UAT (User Acceptance Testing)
- Work with other testers and key stakeholders to ensure coverage for each software release.
- Use bug tracking systems to submit, track and manage defects. (Jira)
- Design and assist in implementation of automated tests (e.g. Mocha/Selenium..)
- Analyse the results of tests that you have performed and provide meaningful reports to project team.
- Maintain software testing artefacts
- Use queries to create test data and analyse results for the tests you have performed. (MSSQL)
Our development teams are located primarily in New York and San Francisco. This position has been created as part of a strategy to increase our development capacity on the ground in London, to drive forward projects that will support the continued growth of our European securitisation business.
The Content Solutions - Structured division of Moody's Analytics creates award winning software, comprehensive datasets and transparent models for the securitization market. Our platform is widely recognized for its unique abilities to support detailed analysis of the most sophisticated structured debt products. Our clients vary from regional banks to Tier I investment banks to hedge funds who structure, manage, and invest in the structured finance market. Our data content reflects past performance of transactions as well as models of the structural rules (waterfalls) governing them. Our analytic models allow customers to analyse the performance of these securities for pricing, trading, and risk management purposes. Our teams in South San Francisco, New York, London, and Tokyo support over 100 clients globally.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree).
- Good understanding of the SDLC
- Knowledge of QA methodologies including test planning.
- Understanding of Web-based technology architecture and data structures
- Able to work well within the constructs of an agile process, including SCRUM, Continuous Build and Integration, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Very good verbal and written communications skills
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills as well as attention to detail
- Critical thinking skills to analyse system requirements for ambiguities and discrepancies
- Aptitude for thinking outside the box to develop thorough test scenarios and test cases
- Good understanding of the QA processes, methodologies and Software Testing Lifecycle
- Competent database skills
- VBA, C#, Java and or scripting experience beneficial
- Experience with automated testing tools beneficial
- Good understanding of QA testing tools and environments
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.