Investment Operations Administrator
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description BASIC PURPOSE:
This is a fabulous opportunity for an investment operations specialist who has a strong Fixed Income background to join our London team on a permanent basis.
The administrator will work in a varied role but will be primary focused on the maintenance of security master data, security pricing and Portfolio data that is utilized in the Investment Process throughout MFS. The team ensures data integrity of all security master elements, including indicative and pricing elements and provides operational support and oversight of all security reference data and portfolio data for MFS. Additionally the role will provide support to other investment operations functions such as trade settlement, corporate action processing and associated projects. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely in support of the London based Fixed Income Portfolio manager and analyst team investment operations data, analytics and system integration Establishes the setup of all security types on company's core inventory system and trading systems, ensuring all data is entered accurately to avoid the potential for trade errors or operational loss.
- Collaborates with additional operational teams to ensure all portfolios are established across multiple inventory and trading systems to prepare for new portfolio fundings.
- Maintains and updates all securities (fixed income products, equities, options, etc.) in the inventory and trading systems using systems such as Eagle, Bloomberg, Charles River Investment Management System, as well as internal applications.
- Initiate and maintain reference data on securities and issuers through the use of internal data checks and control reports. Maintains the accuracy and consistency of multiple data elements across internal systems.
- Monitors data checks and data loads to ensure the accuracy of information within the Bloomberg PORT risk system and assists the investors by delivering quality bond and portfolio characteristic information. Minimizes risk of erroneous data being used on client reports and daily risk management reports.
- Acts as front line support for all London based Bloomberg PORT users and acts as the main point of contact for all issues related to PORT. Incorporates feedback from users to expand existing functionality and services.
- Analyzes issues and reconciliation breaks to determines reason for moderately complex errors and takes appropriate action for resolution.
- Coordinates with external vendors and/or internal technology personnel to design and implement new processes while identifying ways to improve current procedures.
- Monitors vendor feeds that contain security master related data that are key to the nightly pricing process and effectively identifies issues that could lead to potential errors.
- Collaborates with additional teams throughout MFS that consume the security master data, portfolio data and security pricing data to ensure that information flows consistently across platforms and addresses and corrects issues as necessary.
- Process corporate actions (stock splits, mergers, spin-offs, rights offering, exchanges etc.,) in accounting and trading systems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Communicate and verify with various custodian banks to ensure timely and accurate receipt of corporate action notices. Use outside corporate action data vendor for data validation and research corporate action information (e.g. name and identifier changes).
- Communicate with the Equity and Fixed Income departments to ensure corporate action notices are responded to within established time frames and departmental guidelines.
- Maintain corporate action related equity and fixed income restriction systems. Communicate restriction information to all relevant parties.
- Verify trade information to brokers and custodian banks to resolve any trade problems.
- Maintain various databases related to cash and security settlement instruction for banks and brokers.
- Research and resolve open trade issues. Escalate trade issues to supervisor/manager where necessary.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Fund Accounting or related Investment Operations Asset Management industry experience.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Products, especially Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment
- Good business judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations while maintaining a professional approach to problem solving.
- Familiarity with different security types (Equity ,Fixed Income and Currency); with some derivatives experience preferred
Click here If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."