The Head of the Insight & Product Marketing team leads and manages all aspects of the planning, development and implementation of our Pan European thematic and product marketing programmes for leverage across segments and/or regions. This includes formulating strategy and positioning, identifying themes & opportunities, content development, execution across the marketing mix and measurement with the goal of improving and enhancing our ability to strengthen client relationships and win and retain assets across the region.
This role, managing a current team of 4, collaborates with the Head of EMEA Marketing and the EMEA country marketing managers, as well as Head of EMEA, country heads, investment writers, market research team, relationship managers and investment teams to identify Pan European marketing strategies and initiatives aligned to product and thematic priorities that can be leveraged across the region.
The role oversees the planning and execution of those initiatives. This includes managing direct and matrixed resources from other departments, such as marketing shared services, to produce and disseminate sophisticated, institutional quality, messaging, propositions, thought leadership, content and subsequent distribution programmes.
These programmes positively position and differentiate T. Rowe Price in the marketplace; increasing awareness, consideration and selection by institutional and intermediary investors, as well as reinforcing strategic partner relationships.
Collaborates with Insight & Product Marketing Managers across the globe to ensure greater leverage and coordination.
The key audiences for T. Rowe Price in EMEA are the institutional and intermediary channels.
- Oversees the development and execution of integrated, insight-driven thematic and product led marketing programmes aligned to business objectives, leveraged on a Pan European basis: Provides direction and monitors the work of senior marketing managers (aligned to fixed income, multi asset and equities) to ensure the development of engaging, timely and meaningful output and integrated campaigns to support identified strategies and/or initiatives. Development of robust strategic marketing campaign plans and ability to execute aligned to these campaigns across all elements of marketing mix within agreed budgets and in collaboration with country marketing managers. Measures the success of Pan European initiatives and plans and adjusts strategies accordingly.
- A subject matter expert with responsibility for the messaging and product positioning development / identification and creation of investment insights. Provides meaningful direction and input on positioning, themes and content (within the team and with partners such as investment writers). Serves as content subject matter expert with strong emphasis towards institutional and fund selector audiences. Consideration and leverage for the advisory audience is also required. Developing more thematic campaigns which are based on industry, market and client insight is also key to the role; especially for our intermediary audience. For the institutional audience developing evergreen content that can challenge our prospects’ thinking and open new conversations is key. Working with stakeholders such as market research, relationship managers and investment writers to help identify and then implement these insight-led content and marketing programs.
- Oversees the development and execution of a client-centric marketing collateral toolkit: Uses client and relationship management insights and feedback to build on and develop a collateral toolkit for focus products that is aligned to client needs and demonstrates T Rowe Price’s investment and corporate credentials in a compelling manner. Working with stakeholders across marketing, relationship management, investment writing and investments to develop the collateral and deliver to clients.
- Leads and manages team currently consisting of four direct reports: Formulates current and future state structure for the Insight & Product marketing team and agrees roles and responsibilities. Identifies skills gaps, coaching requirements and development opportunities. Performance management, independent development plan and compensation discussions.
- Communicates insight led campaign and content strategy throughout the planning and delivery cycle: Informs relationship managers, investment writers and investment teams around our EMEA integrated approach to using content, collateral and tools and ensures relevant initiatives are developed and updated as required. Formulates, develops and implements editorial strategy (thought leadership and investment stories) for the EMEA region across products and themes. Adapts strategy across segments and regions.
- Leads strategic and ad hoc projects: Draws on own knowledge of business, clients and products to lead high impact cross regional and/or cross enterprise initiatives.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Outstanding analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Excellent knowledge of financial markets, investment strategies and portfolio positioning is essential
- Proven institutional and intermediary marketing experience is required
- Marketing strategy development, execution and assessment
- Experienced in managing and leading teams
- Ability to influence and drive change in a matrix organization
- Intellectual curiosity and knowledge of current trends in the Institutional/intermediary marketplace and marketing solutions
- A personal drive to impact business results
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to operate in player/coach role
- Self-motivated, creative, responsible, with excellent attention to detail
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Ability to think strategically
- Team-oriented with ability to motivate/influence virtual teams to drive quality in delivery
- An idea-generator with the ability to execute
- Ability to interact and work collaboratively with senior investment professionals and executives
- Ability to lead project teams with diverse skills and priorities
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, marketing or communications
- Minimum of 10 years of experience that combines marketing, communications and investments; preferably with an investment management firm
- Current MBA, MS Finance and/or CFA (or currently pursuing degree/designation)
- Extensive experience working in the institutional asset management field