Head of EMEA Infrastructure & Cloud Operations
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
In this role you will be the primary driver to enhance, develop, implement, manage, and operate key infrastructure & cloud technology services consistent with the company's vision and growth objectives. Having a strong business process mindset focused towards the goal of making IT Infrastructure & Cloud Operations "like air" is a key requirement for this role. You will report to Ameriprise's Global Head of Cloud Operations. Responsibilities How you'll spend your time....
In partnership with global heads of the various infrastructure functions, you will : Provide regional leadership to multiple EMEA/APAC infrastructure teams, inclusive of our vendor partners, in data center management & oversight, IT service management, end-user computing, helpdesk, collaboration & messaging, databases, ETL, networks, servers, storage, & security tools. Work closely with business, business application teams, various business support functions (business continuity, compliance, risk management, finance, HR, etc.), and vendor partners to ensure that solutions are effective and deliver a balanced solution to users within the context of our overall business strategy. Ensure that the infrastructure-related services provided to Threadneedle Asset Management Limited (TAML) business in EMEA/APAC regions are cohesive, timely, and comprehensive and that there are no gaps or "missed handoffs".
More specifically, your responsibilities will include the following:
Required Qualifications To be successful in this role you will have....
- Oversee day-to-day IT Infrastructure & Cloud Operations in EMEA/APAC and make sure they are consistently executed with high quality and ensure that TAML has the IT systems (within your remit) and access it needs to perform its work
a. Maintain availability, resiliency, security, currency (with industry & vendor standards for supportability) of infrastructure platforms and services
b. Collaborate with other global & regional IT leaders to implement cohesive and comprehensive infrastructure services and availability from a global perspective.
- Standardize globally, simplify & automate processes, reduce operating costs. and improve customer satisfaction/service;
a. Champion and build systems that simplify, automate and remove repetitive activities rather than simply facilitating them;
b. Create and enhance KPI's, KRI's, goals, and metrics and drive continuous improvement throughout the organization that create the most value
c. Effectively manage operating expenses within budget; continually review opportunities for reducing expenses and driving efficiencies. Identify and recommend strategic investments that have positive ROI.
- Keep IT Infrastructure & Cloud Operations secure & compliant
a. Maintain oversight of vendors and agree appropriate actions to maintain and improve service levels while evolving their services to meet our changing requirements
b. Work closely with risk, controls, compliance, business continuity, disaster recovery, and crisis management to maintain a strong & risk-informed security posture.
- Lead teams in a rapidly changing environment where we are transforming IT Infrastructure & Cloud Operations from an organization where people strive to perfect the ongoing execution of manual, repetitive processes within one's silo to an organization composed of small, agile, cross-functional teams where enthusiastically learn programming and automate and eliminate manual, repetitive work and where people measure their own success by the overall end-result to the business.
a. Identify, hire, manage, & grow high caliber talent of direct & matrixed-reporting employees and contractors (currently located in UK, Singapore, US, & India). Seek diverse views, coach staff and providing timely and meaningful feedback. Create an open, honest, accountable and collaborative team environment.
b. Communicate upward and across business and technology teams; build strong partnerships with senior leaders and technology stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Evaluate industry, vendor & technology trends and developments for business opportunities and risks and provide guidance to leadership on how to capitalize on these opportunities and to mitigate risks.
Preferred Qualifications If you also had this, it would be great....
- You will need to be able to understand business drivers, market requirements and competitive issues facing the organization while also understanding both legacy products and new technology to guide leadership on how to modernize technology and processes.
- You have demonstrated a tendency of keeping innovation at the forefront and leveraging fresh perspectives, breakthrough ideas, and new paradigms to create business technology value and improve the way a company works;
- You are a change leader who advocates for change with confidence, takes ownership and personal responsibility for implementing change, and leverages communications, goals, resources, and metrics to ensure broader understanding and accountability;
- You are passionate about continual improvement and look for opportunities to further improve the capabilities of your people/teams and to improve controls, processes, efficiency, quality;
- You have proven success in implementing multiple large-scale transformational initiatives;
- You have strong leadership skills and are a collaborative partner who is able to influence and drive accountability and change across the organization;
- Background in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; or equivalent work experience
- Solid experience of working in a leadership role in IT Leadership in establishing goals, metrics and driving and tracking optimization opportunities by creating a continuous improvement culture.