Our client is a growing and entrepreneurial oil trading company based in London, this is an opportunity classed as business critical, you will be seen as the right hand man of the CFO and given broad exposure across the business. As well as day to day FC and reporting duties, you will be involved with and work directly with all the departments, working with the trade finance, operations, risk manager and the directors of the firm.
As the FC you will be responsible for managing the Treasury and will be involved in all the projects and deals that are going through. As it is a small team, it allows room for progression based on the individual and involvement in all parts of the business.
- Manage the group consolidation and statutory external audits, ensuring a successful and timely completion
- Review monthly IFRS reporting pack ensuring accurate and timely delivery to group and senior management.
- Review the monthly management reports for the company
- Prepare annual budget and interim forecasts in accordance with the Group standards.
- Review and advise the group on its adoption of IFRS.
- Review of statutory submissions including VAT, Corporation tax and ONS
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are adhered to across the group
- Manage a team of four accountants (two financial accountants, two management accountants (one accountant based overseas))
- Manage ad-hoc business, accounting and statutory reports and requests
- Strong understanding of IFRS and UK statutory reporting requirements and new standards. (Practical experience of IFRS 9 preferred).
- Understanding the commercial and operational performance of the business and relating it to the financial performance
- 5 years post qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CA)
- Audit experience, preferably Big 4
- Experience in a month-end or quarter-end focused role - Preferable
- Experience within an international Commodity trading house or oil major
- Bachelor degree in economics, banking or finance – Preferable