Our client is a multi-strategy alternative investment fund. It's a very successful firm which has grown quickly over the past few years. We're looking to add a Financial Controller to the finance team as a result of its success.
This is a broad-based controller role. Its responsibilities extend across both fund finance and investment support. Key tasks include:
- Reviewing and managing the quarterly accounts produced by the external administrators as well as contributing to the preparation of the investor reports for the LP funds;
- Reviewing the quarterly and annual fund accounts prepared by the administrators;
- Managing the annual audit of the LP funds;
- Responsible for management reporting for a Joint Venture entity internally and reporting to Joint Venture partner;
- Preparation of the Chairman’s statement and Managers’ report for the statutory report and accounts;
- Reviewing and contributing to quarterly board packs;
- Supporting the launch of new LP funds, particularly from both an Investor Relations and Fund Finance perspective;
- Working closely with the unquoted portfolio management team to produce six monthly valuations for investee companies for review and approval at the internal GH Valuation Committee meetings
- Liaising with the New Investment and Portfolio Management teams and lawyers with regards to new unquoted investments and realisations
- Maintain IRR models for the Limited Partnership Funds (actual and forecast); and
- Liaising with the CFO or FD of underlying portfolio companies to ensure alignment of income models on a regular basis
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with a fund accounting background in private equity or alternative assets (i.e other investment firms with private equity or similar fund structures) and an excellent academic record.