Enterprise Technology Services - Implementation and Support Specialist
Who We Are:
In capital markets, buy-side and sell-side professionals strive to achieve automation across multiple asset classes by building strong and secure connections to Bloomberg. Our Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) team is responsible for ensuring the implementation, stability, and reliability of the connection network which supports virtually all Bloomberg products.
We implement new connections and detect, analyse, and resolve issues impacting applications and connectivity with clients, vendors, exchanges, brokers, and ATS venues. We ensure seamless performance with our Electronic Trading platforms through interaction with Bloomberg Product areas, Network Operations, Engineering, and Bloomberg's clients.
We are results-oriented and set ourselves ambitious business goals. We cultivate a culture where you will work with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with and this is regarded as more important than titles or position. Who You Are:
You come to work with a purpose, passionate about offering excellent service and empowered by a collaborative spirit. Someone that is naturally curious, a strong problem solver and don't shy away from taking on new challenges and flourish with change. You love being a great teammate and someone clients can count on every day. We encourage you to challenge the status quo and support your colleagues to innovate, learn and deliver the best service possible. What's The Role?
As a member of the ETS group, you're vital in maintaining technological stability and mitigating financial risk for our clients across their Bloomberg solutions and products.
This individual will be a trusted authority for troubleshooting, resolving and "owning" issues impacting the businesses we support and our clients directly. Passionate about delivering new implementations through to supporting the client in production and be strategically focused on the overall customer experience and deepening our relationship with them. You will be responsible for handling service tickets through to proactive engagements with existing clients.
As part of a client facing team, you will be responsible for the management of a variety of technologies and data specifications between Bloomberg and external systems including (but not limited to) FIX, MQ, XML, SWIFT and Bloomberg APIs. We'll Trust You To:
You'll Need to Have:
- Analyse and troubleshoot issues related to our Electronic Trading and reporting products suite and examine their root cause and offer a solution in a timely manner, working directly with customers and internal stakeholders across functions
- Be responsible for the implementations projects from inception to completion and provide production support for existing clients. This includes building and certifying new connections and trading workflows, configuring applications for these services, and completing post-production testing and managing go-live
- Partner with Engineering and Product teams to design and implement future system and Product improvements and prevent system issues
- Collaborate with internal partners such as the Product team to provide client feedback collated through the certification process
- Work closely with our clients and our internal Product, Trade-desk, and Engineering groups to facilitate expectations, influence and expedite implementation and resolution
- Examine root cause statistics for trends in production issues, partnering with clients to ensure preventative measures are implemented successfully
- Conduct availability and capacity planning by analysing client flows and trading statistics, help develop metrics for internal consumption and trading system benchmarking
- Tailor your communication according to the client audience for both technical and non-technical users, including objection handling
- Understand and communicate technology roadmaps to clients so there is both transparency and alignment between our organisations
We'd Love to See:
- 4+ years of prior experience* working in similar electronic trading application support and/or implementation roles
- Some exposure to Fixed Income, FX, and/or Equities trading workflows as well as MiFID and SFTR regulations concerning trade and transaction reporting
- Solid understanding of Message Protocols including: FIX, SFTP, or MQ is highly preferable
- Experience in Linux and/or UNIX operating systems and commands
- Familiarity with networks and connectivity troubleshooting (LAN/WAN, TCP/IP)
- An ability to articulate, write and own technology stack mappings
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, work with sense of urgency, multi-task, and effectively prioritize work within a dynamic changing environment.
- Proven history of solving sophisticated problems with a keen eye for detail and strong analytical mentality
- Proven track record in communicating with senior level technologists/operations * Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
If This Sounds Like You:
- A Computer Science or Technology related degree
- Working product knowledge of Equity, Futures, Options, Fixed Income and FX market workflows
- Exposure to Broker/Dealers, Exchanges, Hedge Funds and Regulatory Reporting requirements
- Experience with one or more of the following: XML, JSON, SWIFT
- Exposure to scripting languages, such as Perl, Bash, and/or Python
- Experience with SQL or transactional databases (structured and un-structured data sets)
- Ability to speak an additional language (Spanish, Portuguese, etc.) to a business level
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.