- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Director - Business Analyst, Banking Reg Tech
Location: London, England, United KingdomAs an Associate Director for the Banking Reg Tech (BRT) H2 business, you will be a member of the London Squad as part of the Horizon 2 program. The aim of this program is to produce the next generation of the BRT regulatory reporting systems. These will be based on a cloud based offering, using a Software as a Serice (SaaS) approach. Ultimately, you will help a wide range of financial firms solve their foremost challenges related to regulatory compliance and asset/liability management.
In this role, you will act as a BA, helping to define the goals of the London Squad, and deliver the initial Minimum Viable Product (MVP). There is also a requirement to have development skills, and help with prototypes and customer mock ups.
An effective Associate Director for the Banking Reg Tech (BRT) H2 business, should be able to perform business analysis to support the squad. You should have a solid understanding of the current issues and challenges facing the banking industry, and you should understand the role of technology in helping solve these challenges. In this role, you will have opportunities to deepen your existing experience while moving into new and interesting topics at the forefront of the financial industry.
Qualified applicants should have prior experience in the fields of banking and/or financial regulation combined with a background in information systems. They should also enjoy work that is highly stimulating and thought provoking but also not routine. Through this position, you will be exposed to senior professionals across the financial industry, and you will have opportunities to gain skills and experience with an organization that is recognized globally for being at the forefront of risk management technology.
With respect to the BRT H2 London Squad, specific skills include:
- Business Analysis
- Big Data
• Experience of working with a 'pivot' change (squads, fail fast approach)
• Experience of start-up / entrepreneurial approach
• Credit Risk
• Front office
The Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) Services Group is a global organization of 1,000 team members who help clients better understand and manage financial risk. We develop solutions for financial institutions, large companies, and governments seeking to implement best practices in risk measurement and management. Our client list includes some of the largest and most respected companies in the world. We design, build, and implement a broad range of software to fundamentally help our clients better balance risk and return. Our software has earned accolades from clients, regulators, and the financial media.
The Banking Reg Tech (BRT) Solutions business is comprised of product managers, project directors, functional consultants, and technical consultants spread around the world with primary offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Paris, Singapore, and Hong Kong. Collectively, we help clients comply with ever-changing banking regulations while providing the information and insights needed to manage a balance sheet comprehensively across asset, liability, and capital positions.
- Minimum bachelor's degree from an internationally recognized and accredited institution; Master's degree and/or relevant certifications a plus
- Relevant professional experience at a well-known financial institution and/or financial software company
- Advanced understanding of software implementation, including installation, requirements gathering, design, configuration, testing, deployment, performance tuning, and post-implementation support
- Proficiency with concepts related to financial risk and regulation, including Basel II/III and/or credit risk management and/or liquidity risk management
- Experience developing external relationships (i.e., with clients, vendors, strategic partners, etc.)
- Strong orientation towards working in teams
- Outstanding communication skills - ability to explain complex ideas to a range of audiences
- Evidence of being self disciplined, highly organized, able to multi-task, and attentive to detail
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.