Senior IT Service Manager
- Up to GBP60578 per annum + 10% bonus+benefits+flexible working
- Leeds, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Oct 18
Do you want to be part of something really big? Are you a functional IT Senior Service Manager who is passionate about driving Service Delivery and Automation? Are you an evangelist in Customer Service Improvement (CSI)? Are you ready to join is in a massive digital challenge? Then look no further,we'd love to hear from you!
We are looking for IT Senior Service Managers to work with us on in a once-in-a-generation digital transformation. Our people work on projects that are revolutionising products and services that are used by millions of people every day.
We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies - and putting the user at the centre of everything we do - we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
You and your role
DWP Digital are in the middle of one of the largest digital transformation in Europe.
We want a Senior IT Service Manager to act as the focal point for a large portfolio of Department for Work and Pensions business applications. This individual will decide on strategies within the portfolio of services to serve internal and external clients and will be responsible for working across multiple inter-related operational delivery and leveraged teams.
This Senior IT Service Manager will have complex portfolio management expertise who can drive the direction in business process improvement and realisation of delivering a "World Class Service" within IT Service Delivery Management.
If you are a master in end to end service delivery process from cradle to grave and have exemplary stakeholder management then this role is perfect for you.
You will be empowered to shape the strategy for the future particularly within Automation of business applications, driving continuous service improvement, efficiency and outstanding customer service.
What are we looking for?
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills
- Proven ability of managing client requirements in a multi-vendor organisation and understanding the impact and dependencies
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Proven record of managing and mitigating risk of impact to live services
- Knowledge and experience of contract and / or supplier management roles
- An ability to translate technical requirements and specifications into easily understood business concepts
Desirable Skills and Experience
- The ability to build and maintain professional networks
- A commitment to continuing professional development (CPD)
- An understanding of the client business and how BPDTS & DWP Digital contribute to the delivery of the service
- Proven ability of effectively managing and prioritising a complex portfolio of business applications
- A deep understanding of the Application Lifecycle
- Excellent presentation skills and administrative skills
- People management
- Understanding of statistical and analytical principles and processes.
- The ability to interact successfully with all levels of the client and multi-vendor organisation
- Innovative in respect of service quality and ways in which it can be improved
- Ideally ITIL v3 Foundation certified
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital's community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You will join us in one of our modern, vibrant digital hubs in Leeds or London.
Each hub is designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things.
What is our offer?
- We'll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £60,578
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%
- We'll help you balance your life and work
- We'll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package - including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks - which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
If you really impress us with your skills and experience then we may be able to negotiate the maximum salary.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we're serious about investing in you.
You'll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you'll acquire on the job. You'll get the chance to share knowledge and with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
How to Apply?
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the 'Job Spec' button.
You'll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you'll upload a CV.