Migrations Analyst Developer
This position is located within the Migrations Team at FNZ. The Migration Team has accountability for managing the end-to-end delivery lifecycle for all Migration projects within FNZ. These roles are available on a remote basis across UK.
The Migration Analyst Developer role requires an individual who can design and implement complex Client focussed data mapping in line with the FNZ Migration SDLC.
The role involves working with big data, designing, developing, maintaining and supporting the Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) process. Reporting to the Migration Team Lead, you will work as an integral part of the team, analysing requirements before designing & implementing solutions.
This role is technical and focused on providing long term solutions. The data model and data population routines are a critical part of the migration process so accuracy and attention to detail are important characteristics. Specific Role Responsibilities
- Working with Internal and Client SME resource to provide complex data mapping solutions in line with Client requirements, FNZ Solution and FNZ Migration SDLC
- Producing technical migration outputs, such as data models, data mapping definitions and data validation rules in line with the target FNZ Product and Client Migration requirements
- Designing, Creating and maintaining SSIS packages to migrate data to FNZ databases
- Designing and developing ETL workflows conforming to best practices and creating re-usable components
- Providing solutions and recommendations for the resolution of technical issues that arise, ensuring solutions meet the technical specs, design and non-functional requirements
- Supporting changes through the testing; resolving data issues, completeunit testing and system documentation for ETL processes
- Providing post implementation support once the migration is complete to support both the project and service & support teams in issue identification and resolution.
- Confident, and able to take initiative given client and delivery-focused environment
- Good team communication skills, confident in dealing with internal and external clients
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Strong relational database design experience working with MS SQL Server
- Proficient in data mapping and profiling techniques
- Experience in using ETL tools, e.g. SSIS, Informatica
- Experience in working on Business Intelligence projects
- Superior analytical thinking
- Able to prioritise own workload and work to aggressive deadlines with minimal supervision
At FNZ, we recognise that diversity, inclusion and accessibility are important factors for our success. We embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our current and future employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation and achieve our business goals. Recruitment decisions at FNZ are made in a non-discriminatory manner where all employees are valued and respected. In particular, we want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported thus, ensuring our recruitment process is fair and equitable for all applicants.
Please let us know if there is any support we can provide to ensure FNZ's recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss specific requirements.