Marketing Data Scientist in Edinburgh | NatWest Group Careers
Join us as a Marketing Data Scientist
What you'll do
- We'll look to you to identify and work with data sets from across the bank's data estate to solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems and apply advanced analytical methods
- Participating in the data community, you'll identify and deliver opportunities to support the bank's strategic direction through the better use of data
- It's a chance to develop your skills and bring an innovative and passionate approach to data science to benefit our business
As a Marketing Data Scientist, you'll be evaluating and improving business processes and products using scientific rigour and statistical methods. You'll be supporting and collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of data engineers and analysts on a wide range of business problems, understanding customer interactions with the bank and how we manage credit risk.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Developing your knowledge of data structures and metrics, advocating for changes for product development where needed
- Conducting analysis, including gathering data and specifying requirements in collaboration with business stakeholders
- Iteratively building and prototyping data analysis pipelines to provide insights that will ultimately lead to production deployment
- Working with other colleagues across our functions to make business recommendations and presenting your findings to stakeholders
- Identifying new methods, tools, techniques and opportunities to deliver business value by reducing costs, generating income or improving the customer experience through applying data science
To succeed in this role, you'll hold a degree in a quantitative discipline or have equivalent practical experience in a data analysis related field. You'll also be able to demonstrate your experience with statistical software, database languages, big data technologies and cloud environments.
It's essential that you have a background in data science techniques within a marketing area.
Additionally, you'll bring:
- Experience of attribution modelling and econometrics
- Experience of third party ecosystems, such as Facebook and Google
- Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- The ability to articulate and translate business questions and use statistical techniques to resolve data analysis problems
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models and sampling methods
- Experience with machine learning on large datasets and in deploying machine learning models into a production environment
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.