Client Partner – Capital Markets - Banking Financial Services domain - Technology Services – Consulting – Fintech – London
- Market Standards
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Cognizant Technology Solutions UK Ltd
- 19 Jul 18 2018-07-19
Purpose of Role: The Client Partner role is accountable for the overall business performance, profitable growth, quality of revenue and relationship management of the assigned accounts(s). S/he should have the following
- Currently playing a Current Partner role for a portfolio / account of => $25-50 M with primary responsibility for P&L, CSAT and growth
- Concentration in BFS managing Biz Dev, strategy and client relationships, with primary responsibility: understanding of the domain, trends, macro and micro –factors, ecosystem and competition with a strong focus on at least one sub-domain in BFS
- Should have a demonstrable track-record of growing the business profitably - both organically as well as with partnerships/ecosystem - and in a multi-vendor environment; growth rates in the range of 10-20%
- Strong commercial acumen (structuring innovative / complex deals) and with strong negotiation skills, dispute resolution skills
- Proven track record of achieving growth in challenging conditions (macro and micro), with focus on quality of revenue
- Able to drive / create and convert a strong pipeline by identifying whitespaces and building strong relationships
- Credentials in mentoring/coaching, leading and building teams
- Comfortable in the C-suite placing and selling solutions (including Digital, Infra and Ops) to problems along with their benefit(s)-realisation
- Lead commercial and/or contractual negotiations with the client, to extract the best possible outcome for all concerned (esp. Cognizant)
- Able to independently create, own and manage Large Account strategies encompassing all aspects of lead generation-opportunity-and-conversion, marketing and budgeting
- Familiar with global delivery models, programme governance and roles and responsibilities
Reporting to Role (Indicative):
- Commercial head of BU/SBU – in this case the Head of BFS vertical for UK&I
- Plans accounts strategy for long-term profitable growth and position Cognizant as a thought partner and business leader within the account, both with Key stakeholders and positioning against competition. Should be able to leverage partnerships as well, as part of an extended ecosystem for the same.
- Cultivates long-term client relationships and is a trusted advisor to the client. Able to traverse discussions across CIO-COO-CMO suites, and frame conversations in the context of the client and their business goals. Able to forge strong connects across levels in the client organisation, which contribute to a strategic relationship. At the same time, s/he will need to forge strong relationships within Cognizant and the internal supply chain, in order to leverage that to the maximum.
- Creates opportunities to position Cognizant credentials, assets and value to the client and qualifies, prioritises and assigns opportunities to deliver the highest percentage of wins. Should use / be familiar with a structured framework(s) for large account management / planning, stakeholder analysis and assessment, situational analysis, competitive positioning and analysis, lead generation / opportunity creation and conversion. Should be conversant with standard nomenclature around buying behaviour, stakeholder analysis, win-themes etc which are typically used in a Sales / Biz Dev context.
- Strong negotiations skills are a must for this role, along with a good grounding in contractual and commercials esp. in the context of outsourced services; the latter demands a good grasp of both prevalent commercial / engagement models in the industry, as well as emerging models around x-aaS, Cloud services, Utilities / platforms that could be either transaction-based, subscription-based or gain-share based.
- Role demands a good understanding of – and experience in – how to drive pipeline, sell-and-bill etc., how to improve win-rates and basic bid management / pre-sales. S/he will need to work closely with cross-functional teams across the organisation and outside e.g. marketing, corp-comm, (external) agencies, pre-sales and sales.
- Delivers long term strategy and goals at the BU/Corporate level; leads and manages the Account Team – as well as working closely with the Delivery / Engagement leadership and teams - to ensure attainment of Client’s and Cognizant’s objectives in terms of revenue, margin, DSO, CSAT, mind-share and key operational parameters such as utilisation, pyramid etc. In this role, s/he should be comfortable with the detail around day-to-day operations and be able to provide guidance to the team(s) on key matters including in the event of client-escalation. Should be able to lead and build teams, preferably with a player-coach style or as most relevant to the client-situation.
- Client and industry knowledge which is current and relevant to Cognizant’s market positioning and aspirations
- Business acumen – able to run operations without the need for supervision (to a degree) or additional oversight
- Excellent communication skill, negotiation skills and strong outcome-orientation
- Grasp of concepts of financial, marketing and business strategy.
- Building relationships and strengthening partnerships by focusing on exceptional client experience, risk management and value realization.
- Leadership Capabilities especially around team dynamics, interpersonal skills, mentoring, coaching, valuing principles of D&OI (diversity and inclusion) etc.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Relevant industry connects
- Relationships in / with partners in the FinTech ecosystem
- Published thought-leadership on an aspect(s) of business relevant to the role (eg in the BFS domain)
About Cognizant :
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 205 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.