Senior MS SQL DBA
About The Role
We're looking for a Senior MS SQL Database Administrator to be responsible for the design, build and implementation of Technical solutions meeting business requirements and IT Infrastructure roadmaps under direction from the Technical Lead or Project Manager. To provide guidance, support and training to less experienced members of the team. This role is primarily during office hours, but some of hours work may be required to implement solutions.
You will have significant role related experience, of delivering IT services and solutions to a mission critical environment. This role is key to project delivery and you will be required to communicate clearly with Architects, Project Managers, Technical members of Staff and Management about technology decisions taken and ensure that solutions are delivered to Architectural and Build Standards.
You must have the following Key Skills:
• SQL Server Database (2012, 2016) installation & management
• SQL Server High Availability (Always On) - Design, Implementation and Maintenance
• SQL Server Security and DR solutions
• SQL Server backup, recovery and performance tuning
• PowerShell scripting and automation
The following Skills are desirable:
• SQL Server Database 2019 installation & management
• DevOps toolset (Ansible, Jenkins) - highly desirable
• SSIS, SSRS, ETL in SQL Server experience
• Oracle RDBMS
• Dataguard and high availability
• RMAN backup and recovery
• Performance tuning and monitoring
• E-business suite (HR/Finance)
• Experience of Oracle based applications (both backend and mid-tier)
• Experience of running bespoke .NET applications running on large Oracle databases
• Oracle Application Server (forms and reports)
• Netezza Data Warehouse appliance and change data capture
About The Company
Our people are our most valuable asset and we are committed to attracting and retaining the very best people who reflect our values. We recognise the importance of helping you to balance your working life with other priorities, so if you wish to consider this vacancy and your circumstances require different hours to those advertised, then let us look at the flexibility you require and see if we can accommodate your needs, whilst ensuring we continue to meet our members' needs.
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.