VP Infrastructure/Utilities Analyst
- Stockholm, Stockholms, Sweden
- Permanent, Full time
- Dartmouth Partners
- 12 Nov 18
Our client, a leading ratings agency is currently looking to recruit a VP to its EMEA Infra/Utilities team based in Stockholm. You will be part of an international team working closely with colleagues around Europe.
The EMEA Infrastructure Finance Team is part of the global Infrastructure Finance Group and is responsible for rating all utility, corporate infrastructure and project finance issuers based in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
This is a challenging role where you will be responsible for ensuring rating accuracy, providing insightful credit analysis and responding to investors inquiries on a portfolio of regulated and unregulated utility companies. This opportunity involves developing/maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the relevant sectors and financing structures, coordinating with colleagues and across other lines of business, and writing thought-leading research. In this role, you will be expected to:
- Conduct initial and on-going fundamental credit analysis on a dedicated portfolio of issuers.
- Present on a regular basis to rating committees and other internal analytical meetings to assign and maintain credit ratings.
- Draft topical, insightful and high-quality research on rated companies, sector wide and cross-sector credit themes.
- Present views at outreach events including investor briefings, teleconferences, conference participations and other third party events.
- Maintain high profile relationships with issuers, investors and intermediaries, with frequent interaction with investors and intermediaries.
- Strong academic background at least equivalent to BSc / MSc in relevant areas and ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CFA or equivalent professional qualification would be highly beneficial.
- Substantial relevant experience in credit analysis or a related area, including demonstrable financial analysis experience, cash flow analysis and cash flow based lending techniques, gained from a recognized financial institution or audit firm.
- Strong knowledge of the utility and/or corporate infrastructure sector and related financing structures; solid understanding of documentation and financial modelling and broad experience of reviewing them.
- Strong knowledge of the infrastructure debt markets and an understanding of the key issues affecting these markets would be highly advantageous.
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Good IT competency skills including advance Excel and PowerPoint.
- Sound judgement – capable of developing independent opinion and defending own views.
- Ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels and represent the brand effectively at a senior level.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in second European language would be a plus.