The Firm’s Investment Banking Group provides industry, regional and product expertise to corporations, institutions and government clients in order to develop and execute innovative and customized solutions to the most challenging strategic and financing issues faced in the global marketplace.
The Investment Banking Group is comprised of a number of industry groups that work closely with product team members in Mergers & Acquisitions, Global Capital Markets, Real Estate, and other industry groups throughout the Firm to provide relevant market insight, product creativity, and execution expertise to clients. These solutions include initial public offerings; public and private equity and equity-linked financings; mergers, acquisitions and restructurings; defense advisory assignments; strategic partnerships; public and private debt placements; share repurchases; and hedging, swaps and derivative transactions.
Associates and Vice Presidents work on assignments which include various types of different transactions (M&A, capital markets) and business development projects while interacting directly with senior-level financial and strategic decision-makers at some of the world’s largest corporations, as well as with smaller, emerging growth clients.
Responsibilities will include:
• Managing and assisting in the execution of corporate finance transactions (including IPOs, M&A, strategic advisory).
• Leading day-to-day management of transactions, maintaining an open dialogue with clients and leading select client calls.
• Performing financial analysis, strategic business analysis and detailed industry research.
• Contributing to team discussions and client meetings.
• Providing rapid and accurate market judgments to colleagues and clients.
• Preparing and delivering client presentations in a clear and compelling manner.
• Acting as a mentor and role model to Analysts and Associates; promoting team culture.
• Working closely with senior bankers on the team and across other groups.
• Top class Degree or overseas equivalent in or related to finance from a leading university
• Relevant Investment Banking (corporate finance/M&A) experience or equivalent required
• Familiarity with the sector and corporate landscape is desirable
• Fluent in English
• Strong analytical and modelling skills
• Knowledge of basic accounting and financial concepts; ability to analyse and value businesses
• A positive, highly motivated individual who exhibits strong leadership and management qualities
• Strong understanding of professional ethics and regulatory environment
• Demonstrate best in class professional integrity
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
• Strong work ethic and demonstrated commitment to excellence
• Committed to delivery of highest quality work product; strong attention to detail
• Proactive; self-motivated and goal oriented
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
• Strong team player able to work effectively in a team environment