We have a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Technology Business Consultant to join our Consulting team based in Stockholm, Sweden! As a consultant your role will be to take standard FIS software from our development group, and install it for our customers. The consultant is a “jack of all trades”, doing whatever is required to successfully implement the software. Tasks include distilling the customer’s business requirements, writing specifications, liaising with FIS development and other FIS teams. This will include writing code to perform customized customer functionality, planning and executing test cases, and identifying and fixing bugs in the application code.
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing:
- With expertise in specific business process, provide technical guidance to client concerning business implications of applications of various systems. Formulate systems scope and objectives considering client business plan and industry requirements.
- Work individually or within a team on technology business consulting projects to meet specific client requirements.
- Serve as liaison between end-users and consultants during consulting projects
- Expertly research and document client needs, technology or regulations related to system design, enhancement and acquiring hardware or software that will impact multiple platforms and/or applications.
- Define product scope, objectives and requirements. Define specifications and data models for product development and testing.
- Create detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Analyze marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc. Also analyze system impacts to other systems and procedures.
- Devise and/or modify processes and procedures to achieve greater efficiencies and to solve most complex technical problems related to computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
- Assess available technologies and recommends solutions to consulting team.
- Write test plans and test cases to ensure enhancements made to applications meet client needs and application integrity is maintained.
- Conduct a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness and acceptance tests.
- Influence clients, business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Experience using and programming in Python
- Advanced knowledge of multiple end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development and conversion methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of the tools, techniques and principles used in application development in objective-oriented development or other relevant technology
- Experience of, or solid and demonstrable understanding of electronic trading.
- Knowledge of application architecture
- Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
Added bonus if you have:
- In-depth knowledge of FIS products and services and financial services industry
- Understanding of Electronic Trading
- Proficiency in quality management methods, tools and technologies
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A broad range of professional education and personal development opportunities
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect