Investment Officer, Scandinavia - Real Estate
- Competitive, base and bonus
- Stockholm, Stockholms, Sweden
- Permanent, Full time
- MacDonald and Company(UK)
- 15 Apr 19
Rapidly growing US real estate logistics platform seeks experienced Investment Officer, Scandinavia to identify acquisitions targets, both land and standing assets, across the region. This is a fantastic opportunity for an autonomous, well-networked native Swedish speaker with a strong acquisitions track record in Scandinavia.
My client is a private equity real estate developer and investor with a long track record in the US and a well-established pan-European business focused on logistics. The business acquires, develops and manages multi-tenant logistics, big box warehouse and business parks, and serves investors through a series of closed-end value-add and core funds as well as separate accounts and JVs offering clients a vertically integrated solution covering development, acquisitions, asset management and fund/ separate account management. The company has raised and managed c.$10 Bn in equity on behalf of international institutional clients.
The business has grown dramatically since inception and continues to expand in the US and Europe through the creation of new value-add funds and the expansion of separate account and core mandates. In Europe it manages a number of industrial value-add vehicles and owns, or is developing c.10m sq ft. It expects to triple that amount in the next 36 months, and to support this rapid expansion, is looking to recruit an Investment Officer, Scandinavia, to identify acquisitions targets, both land and standing assets, across the country. The role reports to the Managing Principal for Europe but is anticipated to be very autonomous by nature.
The successful candidate will be located in Stockholm.
- The Investment Officer will be actively involved in all aspects of the deals; acquisition (including underwriting), deal structuring, strategic asset management and dispositions in due course
- He or she will lead deal origination and execution for the Scandinavian market
- Supported by an analyst team in London, the Investment Officer will screen, analyse and evaluate new investment opportunities at the corporate and asset level
- The Investment Officer will have scope to implement his or her own vision and investment ideas, within the defined parameters of the investment strategy, and will be responsible for oversight of the financial analysis and excel modelling, also managing advisors and due diligence work streams
- The Investment Officer will oversee the production of the investment committee materials, drawing on support from the analyst team in London
- He or she will undertake investment performance monitoring
- The Investment Officer will assist with the on-going asset management of the firm’s Scandinavian real estate portfolio and will play a key role in leasing for assets where there are vacancies.
- The candidate must have a strong numerical undergraduate degree from a top-tier university (minimum 2.1), and ideally a Master’s in Real Estate
- Minimum of 10-12 years’ experience in real estate investment
- The candidate should have prior experience at VP, Associate Director or Director level within real estate private equity, real estate investment bank or real estate investment management
- The candidate will have extensive transactional experience gained in the Scandinavian real estate market
- The candidate must be a native Swedish speaker. Written and spoken fluency in English is a strong plus point
- The candidate must have a large and well-developed real estate network across Scandinavia
- He or she must demonstrate advanced analytical capabilities
- The candidate must have experience in acquisition of assets, land buying and should also have good understanding of development/planning
- Candidates with prior leasing experience will be at a strong advantage
- Investment professionals with exposure to logistics assets will be at a strong advantage, but this is not mandatory
- Candidate should be personable and hard-working with good problem-solving skills
- Candidates need to be self-motivated and enjoy a fast-paced and active setting with a large volume of transactions.