Associate/Senior Associate PERE, Nordics
- Competitive, base and bonus
- Stockholm, Stockholms, Sweden
- Permanent, Full time
- MacDonald and Company(UK)
- 13 Feb 19
Leading private equity real estate investor seeks Associate/Snr Associate to join team in London or Stockholm
This leading RE PE investor has been involved in > £7bn of real estate transactions in Europe, involving > £2bn of its own JV equity. The company is headquartered in London, with offices across key European cities, including Stockholm. There is a team of c. 40 people across its offices, The firm co-invests in joint ventures with proven local operating partners. The firm has a more than 125 existing JV partners and has transacted across the UK and northern/western Europe (13 countries) in c. 400 individual investments.
- As a result of the success of its investments, and with significant capital to deploy, the team is growing with a requirement for a Swedish, Norwegian or Finnish Investment Associate or Senior Associate with fluent spoken / written Swedish to join the team
- The role can be based in either London or Stockholm (if the former, the candidate needs to be prepared to travel a bit)
- The role will report to the Founding Partner and Head of Nordics
- The role will potentially work on deals across European jurisdictions but will particularly focus on deals in the Nordics region
- The successful candidate will ideally have transacted in the Nordics but as a minimum must have spoken / written Swedish to a business proficient level.
- Analyse and assist with underwriting and structuring of transactions.
- Take the lead on financial modelling and research and also support the co-ordination of due diligence activity.
- Work closely with the leadership of the business - in executing the strategy and pipeline for the European market.
- Post transaction management of investments including asset management strategies, assisting with investment/divestment decisions, financing and working closely with external consultants / JV partners as well as operating partners and property managers.
Background and Experience
- Proven exposure and demonstrable track record within real estate investment across Europe.
- Real estate professional with circa 3-6 years’ experience.
- Strong financial modelling, analysis and research skills.
- Business proficiency in Swedish and ideally fluent English.
- Experience across negotiation, execution, realisation and asset management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a small / tight and growing team.
- Strong academic credentials from a leading, internationally regarded university.
- Highly IT literate.
- Team player, smart, flexible, honest and truly collegiate in his or her approach.
- Ability to work with high levels of autonomy within a team framework.
- Shows promise in development of entrepreneurial flair and strong business acumen, demonstrating a quickness in learning and adaptability.
- Ability to work closely with and manage external teams effectively, empowering individuals to devise and execute solutions, ensuring a strong team ethic.
- Must have a professional work attitude and a passion for real estate.
- Enjoys being challenged, works in a balanced way when under pressure and has a well-developed sense of camaraderie.
- Strong business ethics and principles.