AVP Analyst - (Nordic Banking)
Job Description Moody's has a great opportunity within its Banking team that it seeks to fill. This team focuses on all bank and non-bank financial institutions across the EMEA region - a region which is home to some of the world's largest and most complex entities.
We are seeking a motivated, ambitious individual to join our Stockholm office to provide insightful credit analysis and research, to ensure rating accuracy and engage with the investor community. This challenging opportunity will provide the combination of flexibility, responsibility and discretion in managing your own portfolio of rated banks and non-banking financial institutions mainly within the Nordic and Baltic region , with extensive access and exposure to senior management, issuers and investors.
Operating across Europe, you will have immediate visibility and impact, whilst working on real cases where the application of your skills and expertise have an impact in financial markets.
Analysts at Moody's develop in-depth sector and company knowledge and are directly responsible for developing and raising the profile of the team externally through writing thought-leading research on banks systems and markets, speaking at conferences and boardroom interaction with issuers and investors.
Moody's flat hierarchy ensures that analyst's roles are broad and deep. When you combine that breadth and scope with the collegiate atmosphere, international environment with the high quality of talent in the business, it is a truly rewarding working experience that will stretch your abilities and challenge your talents.
As a global company, Moody's provides an excellent personal and career development platform to grow your career and develop your analytical expertise across geographies, businesses and sectors. As an organisation that values experience, there is a vast resource of knowledge within the business that can support your learning objectives, in parallel to the structured learning and development process. Key Responsibilities:
- Insightful and rigorous analysis. Write in-depth, high quality and focused research on financial institutions' credit trends, including thought-leading reports on banks, banking systems and credit trends. Become a recognized authority on your portfolio of banks, banking systems and developments in the sector.
- Ratings accuracy. Perform and present at committees in-depth fundamental credit analysis on a portfolio of European financial institutions mostly domiciled in the Nordic and Baltic region. Develop detailed understanding of and ability to apply relevant Moody's methodologies. Monitor developments and enure ratigns are accurate and forward looking
- Effective communication with financial markets and issuers. Build and maintain high quality relationships with fixed-income investors, financial media and senior management at financial instituions.
- Enhance banking franchise. Operate independently but supported by the rest of the European Banking team in enhancing Moody's Banking franchise, in particularly through developing and deepening outreach with key external stakeholders.
- Coach, mentor and develop associate (support) analysts
- Proven credit/risk assessment experience including strong financial analysis experience, likely to be gained from a financial institution, regulator or public accounting firm.
- Understanding of European banks and their regulatory environment and the key issues affecting these markets/the main players and key industry drivers
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing with some public speaking experience
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills
- Strong academic background at least equivalent to MSc (or similar) in relevant areas
- CIMA /ACCA/CFA professional qualification would be highly beneficial
- Highly organised and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
- Fluency in English is essential; Nordic language skills would be highly beneficial
- Willingness to travel across the EMEA region, particularly within the Nordic/Baltics.
- Ability to ensure ongoing self-development
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.