CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The systems engineer application infrastructure is responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting the technical components that make up TriOptima's IT internal and external IT infrastructure and supporting the development teams in running the services. Company Overview:
TriOptima is a leader in developing services that monitor and reduce risk in the financial services industry. Our ever-changing scope of services places high demands on our technology team who are known for delivering award-winning tools.
As we expand our services and our client base, we are looking for a Linux and Kubernetes System Engineer to our Application Infrastructure Team to develop, maintain and support the technical components that make up TriOptima's IT internal and external IT infrastructure and to support the development teams in running the services.
We are looking for people passionate about technology and able to complete tasks in a cross functional team that works in an agile environment.
This role is part of an on-call rotation. Key Accountabilities:
TriOptima employees should be open to using and learning a diverse set of tools that can change with the task. We are currently working with Infrastructure as code so Kubernetes, CentOS, Container Linux, Puppet, Ansible and Python are example of important tools for us, so knowledge about those would be beneficial.
- You have a pragmatic take on System Operation & Administration and like to cooperate with others both within the team and with our developers.
- You are a professional, dedicated and passionate about translating business needs into powerful and useful products.
- You possess a high level of personal responsibility and are well organized and service minded.
- Ability to provide effective and timely solutions in a very fast-paced environment where multitasking and attention to detail is critical.
- Self-motivated and great under pressure.
- A strong desire to develop skills and continue to grow.
- Work closely with our Core- & Network-Infrastructure teams on critical issues by evaluating the problem, proposing and implementing resolutions, and partnering with other parts of technology as needed for the resolution.
- Solve problems creatively and communicate effectively.
- Maintain, develop and deploy in-house and 3rd party applications with a keen focus on automation
- Act in a proactive way to maintain the performance and availability of the services and our applications
- Collaborate with our Information Security team to provide secure solutions.
- Manage time well and work efficiently without close supervision in a very dynamic environment.
- Linux scripting capabilities.
- Good at application troubleshooting.
- Configuration management and automation of tasks and processes: proficiency in Ansible, Chef, Puppet or similar
- Solid understanding of Linux operating systems
- Solid understanding of Cloud native operations using Kubernetes (Kustomize and Terraform is a plus)
- Experience in building and maintaining tools in Python
- Experience in basic database troubleshooting and management of MySQL and Cassandra
- Configuration management and change management experience
- A Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and relevant proven work experience that is required for the specific job title.
- Understanding of continuous delivery methodologies
- Working experience in a Financial industry is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience.