Trioptima is part of OSTTRA - the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace . TriOptima is a leader in developing services that monitor and reduce risk in the financial services industry. Our ever-changing scope of services places high demands on our technology team who are known for delivering award-winning tools. Role Summary:
As we expand our services and our client base, we are looking for a Linux System Administrator to our Core Infrastructure Team to take care of hardware, hypervisors, OS and some shared internal services. Going forward the OpenStack as an internal cloud solution will be a large part of the work.
We are looking for people passionate about technology and able to complete tasks in a cross functional team that works in an agile environment. Key Accountabilities
TriOptima employees should be open to using and learning a diverse set of tools that can change with the task. We are currently working with Infrastructure as code so RHEL, CentOS, Puppet, Ansible, Ceph & OpenStack are example of important tools for us, so knowledge about those would be beneficial. Responsibilities:
- Works closely with our other Application- & Network-Infrastructure teams on critical issues by evaluating the problem, proposing and implementing resolutions, and partnering with other parts of technology as needed for the resolution.
- Solves problems creatively and communicate effectively.
- Deploys in-house and 3rd party applications with a keen focus on automation and hardening.
- Identifies and resolves performance issues and bottlenecks within the specified SLAs.
- Collaborates with our Information Security team to provide secure solutions.
- Operates as an outstanding team player, works well with others, and possesses a positive attitude.
- Ability to provide effective and timely solutions in a very fast-paced environment where multitasking and attention to detail is critical.
- Self-motivated and great under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong desire to develop skills and continue to grow.
- Capable of managing time well, and works efficiently without close supervision in a very dynamic environment.
- Strong Linux scripting capabilities.
- Good at application troubleshooting.
- Pragmatic take on System Operation & Administration and like to cooperate with others both within the team and with our developers.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong automation scripting skills.
- Solid understanding of Linux operating systems
- Traditional networking, particularly the ability to troubleshoot issues that involve the network, interpret packet captures, and diagnose connectivity issues.
- Configuration management and change management experience
- Professional, dedicated and passionate about translating business needs into powerful and useful products.
- A Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and relevant proven work experience that is required for the specific job title.
- Cloud experience, preferable from OpenStack is a plus.
- Experience of Ceph is a plus.
- Working experience in a Financial industry is a plus.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 3,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.