Director, Value Creation Team, Mid-Market Private Equity , Stockholm, Sweden
Our client is a mid-market buyout firm, founded more than 20 years ago. The firm has raised multiple fund generations and has expanded successfully beyond its core home markets in Scandinavian into the DACH region, with ambitions for significant further growth. The firm's greatest strength is its remarkable culture, which has developed out of a group of founding values and principles that really sets them apart from their rivals. This attracts and drives its extraordinary team members and inspires every aspect of their business model.
This opportunity is to join the firm's value creation unit, focused especially on creating a high transformation impact in the early days of each new investment. Working closely with investment team colleagues and especially with senior portfolio management, this team plans, implements and monitors the initiatives underpinning each individual investment thesis. The role offers an exceptional chance to help shape the development of world-beating businesses, within a unique cultural framework.
The role will combine intensive periods of collaboration with individual company management, and additional firm-wide projects and initiatives. There is considerable scope for ambitious and entrepreneurial individuals to develop an operational career within the firm's portfolio and a clear path to C level positions. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build trustful and effective relationships with portfolio management teams and develop the influencing skills to achieve the value creation objectives
- Detailed strategic and operational planning to identify specific work streams and resource allocation to convert ideas into sustainable practice and results
- Set ambitious transformation targets and introduce change programmes to deliver in functional areas such as working capital management, pricing strategies, procurement, digitisation
- Continuous measurement and feedback, ongoing project management and reporting
- Work alongside colleagues in the investment team over the lifetime of the investment to deliver maximum value to investors at the point of exit
- You will have started your career at a leading consulting firm, with significant experience in strategic planning, project management and change management.
- You may also have spent time, either on secondment or in a later permanent role, in a mid-sized, entrepreneurial company with exposure to operational management
- You must demonstrate a high level of numerical expertise with financial and operational data and the ability to set, measure and control detailed targets
- The role requires a balance between a structured, detailed approach and the flexibility to adapt as circumstances change. Central to this are communication skills and empathy, the emotional intelligence to earn the right to influence portfolio management teams
- Native level Swedish and very fluent English are essential, together with an international mindset, evidenced by past experience working in different cultures