Director, Origination Sales, Transaction Banking
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- To drive "new to bank" revenues and product/market penetration with assigned portfolio of Cash clients at global, regional, or local buying centres (depending on role).
- Deep understanding of clients' business needs, footprint, buying centers and decision making process.
- Owns Account Plan commitments.
- Pro-actively lead TB opportunity development with the CIB team.
- Execute activities in line with TB sales pipeline policy.
- Build full access to cash management decision makers through active client calling.
- Take the lead in identifying explicit and implied client needs, engaging key influencers and decision makers, developing solutions and leading proposals and pitches to clients.
- Input into BCA/Check list.
- Development of cash, liquidity and transactional FX solutions.
- Proposal and pitches to the clients.
- Complete ownership of client level revenue for cash.
- Introduction of Treasury Solutions team to capture strategic treasury agenda.
Client servicing support
- Manage the execution through to revenue realization (as per scorecard metric of completed implementation rather than deal closed).
- Use Transactional sales team input to drive engagement with clients/other units to ensure revenue realization if any issues surface.
- Document negotiation for new to bank business.
- Active role in credit & compliance approvals on PPG deviations.
- Ensure that any post sales service issues identified are managed appropriately by Client Management and/or other relevant departments. (e.g. CIB).
- Manage all TB Sales risks in the Country (incl. through BORFs & CORCs), conform to global standards, improve risk metrics, e-enablement & culture, and ensure no failed audits (internal & external).
- Adhere to good sales practices in relation to relevant policies, behaviors (per Culture and Conduct & Behaviors).
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Build strong knowledge of local regulations and initiatives of local industry bodies to ensure the business is ahead of the regulatory change agenda.
- Proactively engage business & functional partners / stakeholders to drive the origination sales agenda with clients.
- Promote the SCB brand and exemplify the values of SCB AG in all undertakings, including adherence to the Group Code of Conduct.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's and SCB AG's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group and SCB AG's Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Nordics Cash management to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Adhere to local regulators prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Management Board and act in accordance with Articles of Association (or equivalent)
Our Ideal Candidate
- SCB AG Country and Regional TB heads.
- SCB AG Country and Regional heads of cash.
- SCB AG Country and regional heads of functions.
- Represent SCB and Transaction Banking with all stakeholders including Clients and industry bodies.
- Broad banking experience.
- Deep knowledge of Transaction Banking products.
- Relevant experience in driving TB business.
- Proven ability to independently identify, drive and deliver on opportunities.
- Strong executive impact and track record of new to bank sales success.
- Practitioner with Advanced / Expert Cash knowledge.
- Structuring Solutions and ability to handle documentation.
- Strong credit understanding and experience.
- Seen as an industry expert in Cash.
- Sector expertise relevant to portfolio preferred.
- Understanding of how to work effectively within a matrix / network organisation.
- Ability to proactively identify client needs and create solutions to generate new to bank business.
- Ability to cultivate a network of relationships in the client with key influencers and senior decision makers to identify and win deals.
- Ability to probe the commercial implications of a client's needs and provide solutions and advice that positively impact the client's operational and financial performance.
- Wants to be a trusted advisor - positions as the "go to" person for clients when they desire strategic TB input.
- Strong credibility with key stakeholders, i.e. Risk, CIB, GTO.
- Sharp commercial focus, analytical mindset, consultative engagement style, innovative problem solving approach, and strong achievement orientation.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.