- Östermalm, Stockholms, Sweden
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Associate Director, Correspondent Banking Europe
- Location: Östermalm, Stockholms, Sweden
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Associate Director, Correspondent Banking EuropeAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Purpose
The role combines service and sales skills on assigned group of clients. The service activity remains prevalent vs sales activity. The role is designated for an individual with proved service management capacity to:
- Build strong client relationships by applying differentiated services that suit the client needs in both cash and trade products area.
- Continuously improve the service processes and optimize e-channel usage to generate efficiency and reducing cost.
- Support Sales activity and retain and grow existing wallet from day-to-day transactions within assigned portfolio.
The Role Responsibilities
- Understanding of client's business and service's needs and map key interactions within Standard Chartered Bank network.
- Owns Transaction Banking Client Map for "sales" assigned portfolio.
- Build access at sales and operating level in the client shop, identify key influencers and develop solid and trusted relationship at operative level.
- Develop strong internal relationship with network and products colleagues.
- Complete ownership of client level revenue and manage the execution through to revenue realisation as per financial objective assigned (no scorecard) for assigned sales portfolio.
- Pro-actively lead cash and trade re-negotiating opportunity or identify products offer development cooperating with Sales team.
- Proactively engage with, and on in collaboration with Sales reviews any high volume /high enquiry clients periodically to understand client issues and strengthen relationships at Business and Operations levels.
- Assist Sales to design, conduct and participate in client events for the market and region.
- Providing monthly accurate volume / data analysis using internal and external data source on payments and trade flows to Sales team;
- Periodically conduct detailed Customers Services Review and training clients to help them achieve superior operational performance - high Straight Through Processing rates, low operational risk, accurate and prompt SR7 queries etc.
- Document negotiation for new to bank and existing business amendment and up load in relevant system for assigned sales portfolio.
- Execute activities in line with sales pipeline and deal review policies.
- Archive and upload in relevant system all operational issues raised, clients feedback and solution proposed.
- Ability to provide timely response and deliver solutions which meet customer needs
- Ability to analyse clients' perspective in various situations and determine positive or negative behaviour for opportunities to gain agreement
- Ability to apply questioning skills for in-depth analysis of attitudes, situations, problems and priorities to determine optimum strategy on how to deal with them
- Ensure that any post sales service issues identified are managed timely and proactively.
- Escalate to Country Head any delay or inefficiency and prioritize always on the best clients' interest
- Working with assigned Trade Transaction Owner for superior client servicing and experience
- Understand Know Your Customer policies and support on the completion of client Know Your Customer/Client Due Diligence file following changes to correspondent banking Customer Due Diligence standards
- Understanding of Regulatory requirements, evaluating impact on business and risks associated to the clients' activities.
- Understanding of anti-money laundering, compliance and financial crime risks associated to correspondent banking business.
- Ability to recognise warning signals associated to transactional activity via recourse to both quantitative data analysis and qualitative data interpretation.
- Adhere to good sales practices in relation to relevant policies, behaviours (per Culture, Conduct & Behaviours).
- Promote the SCB brand and exemplify the values of the Group in all undertakings, including adherence to the Group Code of Conduct.
- Country and Regional Transaction Banking Heads.
- Country and Regional Heads of Products / Segments.
- Country and Regional Heads of Functions.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has the following skills and experience:
- Relevant banking experience.
- Knowledge of Cash and Trade products.
- Proven ability to independently identify, drive and deliver on opportunities.
- Strong executive impact and track record of new to bank sales success.
- Fluent English speaker and Scandinavian language skills.
- Practitioner with Advanced Trade knowledge.
- Structuring Solutions and ability to handle documentation.
- Strong credit understanding and experience.
- Understanding of how to work effectively within a matrix / network organisation.
- Ability to proactively identify client needs and create solutions to generate new to bank business.
- Ability to cultivate a network of relationships in the client with key influencers and senior decision makers to identify and win deals.
- Ability to probe the commercial implications of a client's needs and provide solutions and advice that positively impact the client's operational and financial performance.
- Wants to be a trusted advisor - positions as the "go to" person for clients when they desire strategic Transaction Banking input.
- Strong credibility with key stakeholders, i.e. Risk, Corporate and Investment Banking, Finance Crime Compliance, IT Operations.
- Sharp commercial focus, analytical mindset, consultative engagement style, innovative problem-solving approach, and strong achievement orientation.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.