VP, Solution Architect (Branch & Self-Service Banking) Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- Drive a target and consistent application architecture across the enterprise and different platforms in the bank.
- Drive application & technical architectures to ensure scalability, data consistency, speed of access, appropriate monitoring & instrumentation
- Define architecture across business functions & geographic regions.
- Translate functional and non-functional requirements into design within the enterprise context; help business and technology define appropriate non-functional requirements and help in assessing the error budget defined.
- Ensure application architecture uses best in breed enterprise wide and open source tools.
- Participate in all phases of the SDLC driving architecture solutions and design decisions that result in scalable implementations of the systems.
- Document and create reusable architecture and design specifications.
- Provide strategic and tactical solutions for technical issues.
- Conduct evaluation of new and emerging technology/tools as required.
- Manage different stakeholders to arrive at end-to-end technical design.
- Interact professionally with a diverse people such as management, executives and SMEs.
- Proven experience as an enterprise scale architect
- Strong understanding of applications across the application landscape i.e. frontline applications, compute engines, data stores etc..
- Strong understanding of cloud native architecture, microservices, data management principles, big data, middleware technologies & distributed computing
- Strong understanding of key Agile & Devops engineering practices
- Must come from a development background wherein the ideal candidate would have developed mission critical systems in Microservices, Big Data technology stacks.
- Must have worked in major transformation programs in a bank and have a strong ability to drive execution and consensus.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of modern enterprise architecture practices and hands on experience with enterprise application frameworks
- Skilled at translating business strategy and project portfolio into short and long-term architectural plans, detailed requirements and models
- Strong communication skills and must be able explain complex technical topics to the stakeholder community.
- An undergraduate degree or higher.
Requirements Strong knowledge of:
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture with mainframe applications and new stacks of software, Kafka, Cassandra, Camunda)
- Development experience across: Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop, Apache Airflow, Java/Scala.
- Core Java 8, Spring framework, SpringBoot, Spring Cloud
- Angular JS,
- Cloud Foundry (or equivalent),
- MariaDB, EnterpriseDB, NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB, Elastic search), IMDG
- AWS / Amazon Web Services,
- API gateway,
- Linux, Unix systems
- Drools/Activiti, and a range of open source libraries.
- CI/CD (Jenkins, GitHub, SonarQube, Fortify etcDockerTest Driven Development (TDD) methodologiesPride in producing clean, maintainable code
- Proficient in tools such as Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory, Nexus
- Strong understanding of Distributed systems
- Highly organized and structured thinking and ability to understand and synthesize unstructured information
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.