Our client is an international commodity trading MNC based in town. It is looking for a Treasury Mgr (now at the Treasury mgr or AM level who can step up to this role) or a Treasury Analyst. The role will report to the Asia Treasurer (based in Singapore).
The trading business within the energy industry is fast-paced and constantly evolving. To ensure that we efficiently and securely finance our business, the Treasury Department is an essential team within the firm whose role it is to secure financings as well as manage FX and liquidity risk for the company.
The role will require solid technical skills to handle day-to-day operations of treasury activities and strong communication and interpersonal skills to manage a team of Treasury officers.
The role will be accountable for the day-to-day portfolio within Asia and managing a team of Treasury Officers. Specifically, this will include:-
Foreign Exchange Management
• Maintain good relationships with internal stakeholders to understand requirements and associated FX and IR risks arising from these businesses
• Execute FX and IR hedging transactions for trading desks and internal funding requirements
• Provide daily settlement of regional currency FX books
• Provide daily updates to stakeholders on regional FX and IR developments
• Ensure sufficient FX lines and coverage for business requirements in Asia
• Be the source of contact on FX rules and regulations in Asia
• Provide support to counterparts in Europe for FX and IR risk management activities
• Involved in ISDA negotiation with banks
Cash Flow Management
• Handle daily cash management with regards to intercompany transfers
• Make efficient cash management decisions quickly throughout the day
• Coordinate daily with Trade Finance team with regards to loan management
• Work closely with the Accounting (Accounts Payable) team on payments and liaise with banks should any form of settlement issues arise
• Monitor cash management reports, provide accurate forecast and reconciliations
• Involved in negotiating with banks with regards to cash operations and documentation
• Assist the Asia Treasurer and senior management on funding requirements for Asia (e.g. looking at revolving credit, summarised loans)
• Manage banking relationships with banks and other external stakeholders
Team Management(only applicable to the manager role)
The role is central to the trading activity and requires close cooperation with a number of key internal stakeholders, including traders, operations, credit, accounting, tax, legal, trade finance, middle office, and finance middle office teams.
Qualifications & Competences:
• Degree qualified, with 4-8 years of experience in Treasury department gained in commodities industry or with banks. For the manager level, the cand should have min 7 to 8 yeras of treasury exp. For the analyst level, min 4 years of treasury exp will be good
• Strong on treasury ops covering Fx and Cash
• For the manager role, experience managing 1 to 2 staff (ideally)
• Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with our internal and external counterparties
• Detailed knowledge of FX and IR markets, especially regional currencies
• Knowledge of cash management in a corporate
• Dynamic and well presented. Has future growth potential
• Accountable, willing to take ownership of tasks and follow up on goals
• Curious, proactive, analytical with the ability to make reasoned risk decisions
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and potentially conflicting priorities
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Team player and independent
To apply, pl send your cv in word doc. Pl also include details on your current salary, expected salary and notice period in your cv.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
CAP Consulting (EA license: 14C7175)
Caroline Poh (EA Registration: R1105649)
Date ad is posted - 10 Sept 2022