Software Engineer in Test Lead, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Job Duties & responsibilities
- Lead/Manage, analyse, create and automate software projects for functional performance requirements and creation of automation plans and test scripts. Devise test objectives, analyse requirements, develop test strategies and plans.
- Create and execute automated tests, track defects and report results
- Responsible for end to end testing delivery for the applications in collaboration with other stakeholders and test leads of other interfacing systems.
- Responsible for the timely delivery of different testing milestones.
- Actively acquire information from stakeholders rather than relying entirely on written Specs
- Actively participate in inception, daily stand-ups and retrospective meeting & represent testing
- Accurately evaluate and report test results, test progress, and product quality
- Work effectively to define testable user stories, acceptance criteria, with all stakeholders
- Collaborate within the team, working in pairs with programmers and other team members
- Respond to change quickly, including changing, adding, or improving test cases
- Create acceptance tests that will be automated as part of each sprint
- Automate the testing in-sprint and during SIT using the right tool set - Licenced/Open source
- Ensure continuous integration for testing code and implement continuous testing
- Risk and Issue Management - Identify, mitigate and escalate testing risks and issues
- Manage testing environments and logistics for each test stage (SIT/UAT).
- Monitor the readiness of test environments (including interfaces and data setup) for each test stage.
- Take complete responsibility of testing project/program and managing independently.
- Strong Test management experience (8+yrs) of managing small to medium size test team/projects.
- Expert in of the below all or some.
- Test automation tools (Selenium WebDriver, HP QTP/UFT, Appium or similar)
- API testing (using SoapUI, JUnit, Karate, Postman or similar)
- Microservices contract testing
- Performance testing using JMeter /Load Runner.
- Experience using a broad range of test automation frameworks (e.g. Protractor, Cucumber, JUnit or similar)
- Experience in programming / scripting java or python.
- Hands-on experience in continuous Integration (CI) pipelines using Jenkins and git lab and Continuous Testing (CT) to streamline QA
- Experience in continuous testing and BDD.
- Experience or knowledge in testing in cloud.
- Good experience with SDLC practices of Agile, Behavioural and Test-Driven Development (Lean, Scrum, XP or similar)
- Experience in testing for Big Data/Hadoop (optional)
- Experience in the field of financial/banking applications (prefer Finacle) testing and testing on large complex projects/programmes as a lead or manager
- Strong technical knowledge - able to code in one or more scripting language
- Experience in test automation and developing automation frameworks from scratch.
- Experience automating testing in multiple technologies - Mainframe, web, Java/.Net.
- Advanced knowledge of test methodologies and approaches
- Experience of using and implementing a variety of test tools, including tools for test management / planning, defect tracking, test automation, test data management
- Experience with Agile & Testing Tools like HPALM, UFT, JIRA, Confluence would be an advantage
- Familiar with open source testing frameworks
- Experience with VB scripting, REST and MS Excel scripting would be an advantage
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing test automation based on BDD
- Experience of working on agile projects and deliveries
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum 6+ yrs in Testing and automation.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.