Hugely successful FCM/IDB in growth mode is looking to hire a Senior Legal Counsel for their offices in Singapore.
Title: Senior Legal Counsel (FCM/IDB Brokerage)
Contract type: Permanent
Imperium Commodity Search is representing a global FCM/IDB & Commodity Brokerage in pursuit of a Senior Legal Counsel to cover all legal matters across the Singapore and wider APAC region. Working in an experienced and well established team, the Senior Legal Counsel will be the key point of contact for all legal issues and queries internally as well as dealing with contracts and legal matters with third party customers, suppliers and counterparties.
With a long standing and established team in the APAC region, our client continues their impressive growth across the commodity and financial markets brokerage space. Our client is a highly active and fast paced brokerage where there are a number of complex contracts to manage; your impact on the wider business is very much a commercial one, operating a key role within a fast growth and multi-asset financial institution.
- Act as a sounding board and trusted advisor to the business on all legal matters
- Liaise with front office and C-level team on client onboarding/legal matters and ensure all internal processes are compliant
- Work with the wider team on contract agreements with customers, clients, suppliers and counterparties
- Support on mergers and acquisitions in the region, ensuring legal due dilligence is maintained throughout
- Manage contentious matters for the regional business including litigation and disputes
- Advise and support HR and employment law issues where required
- Provide advice and support to the team on legal issues and policy
- 5+ years of experience in a Legal Counsel/Head of Legal/VP of Legal or similar in-house legal position
- Experience working in a brokerage/financial institution setting with a large number of clients/customers in financial markets
- Excellent knowledge of commercial contracts (Customer and Supplier) with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced and pressurised environment
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) is required. Mandarin is beneficial where working with Chinese speaking teams in Shanghai and the wider region
- Superb communication skills with the ability to coach and speak in clear terms with internal teams to explain and guide on legal issues/contentions
If this appeals to you and your career goals and you’d like to have a discussion around the role and how it works for you, please contact Mark Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or +65 3158 1066