Senior Engineer, Infrastructure & Engineering Operations
In a constantly changing world, we work together with our people, clients and communities to enable them to fulfill their potential to do great things. We believe that by bringing everyone together, we can solve problems using innovative technology that can create a world that is sustainable and secure. At NTT, we encourage you to remain continuously curious, as that is what keeps you fast, flexible and relevant. No two days will be the same but that is what will help you grow and realize your full potential.
The power is in your hands to do great things. It's time to lead the change, be the authentic you, to solve difficult challenges, to set the pace of change and to unleash your potential. Want to be a part of our team?
Your career here is about believing in yourself, and taking on great opportunities and new challenges.
It's about growing your skills and expertise in your current role and preparing yourself for the future. That's why we encourage you to take every opportunity to grow your career within our great global team. Working at NTT Responsibilities
- Work with team members to design, deploy, and operate infrastructureWork with internal and external partners, carriers, facility operators and our hardware vendors to design and operate the network (circuit, cross connect, hardware deployment and TAC case management)
- Act as a liaison to collaborate and partner with members of the affiliates to implement and support wide area network connectivity while providing constructive feedback.
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams and vendors to manage our continued growth globally, with a strong focus on maintaining a high level of availability for our users
- Collaborate with network tools team to develop a high level of automation for day-to-day activities.
- Execute deliverables on Operations, Deployment, and Engineering projects, including coding/automation efforts
- Perform scheduled configuration changes to network switches and routers, firewalls and wireless devices.
- Identify network issues and determine and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Partner with Architecture teams for new product introduction and various network projects.
- At least 7 years of relevant professional experience in Telco/ ISP Provider environments
- Expertise in IP routing/ switching technology, particularly BGP, ISIS and OSPF, etc.
- Expert level at implementing and supporting large scale multi-vendor networks (Cisco, Juniper)Strong experience in L2/L3 networking design and deployment, strong familiarity with system integration.
- Strong knowledge and understanding in MPLS, SDWAN & SDN troubleshooting skills and an understanding of network security best practices
- Knowledge in coding and automation skills preferred, we use some CLI and work with both internal and open-source tools
- Certification in CCNP, CCIE or other relevant certifications would be advantageous
What will make you a good fit for the role?
- Self-organize, drive cross-functional projects with partners, affiliates and vendors.
- See a problem or opportunity, take ownership and act on it independently
- Collaborate and manage efforts with peers and teams across responsibility areas, languages, geography and time zones
- Be a self-starter, curious and not afraid to ask when in doubt
- Generate quality documentation on network issues, updates, troubleshooting techniques and network analysis including diagrams/templates. Exercise consistent rigor in maintaining documentation.
Standard career level descriptor for job level:
• Seasoned and experienced professional
• Has full understanding of specialisation area
• Resolves wide range of issues in creative ways
• Fully qualified, career level, career journey-orientated
• Uses good judgement in selecting tools and methods to solve problems
• Networks with senior internal and external people in own area of expertise
• Receives little instruction on day-to-day work, receives general instructions on new assignments.
• Typically requires demonstrable related experience with a Bachelor's or equivalent degree; or equivalent work experience
dard career level descriptor for job level: Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with us. Apply today. Equal opportunity employer
NTT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to providing an environment free of unfair discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, veteran status, or other protected category.